why am i banned indefinetly from selling on ebay

I recently moved house and I unfortunately was unable to send 5 items to customers as they were still in transit.  I apologised to the customers and provided refunds. I have been an ebay customer since 2013 and had no problems before and have had no negative feedback from buyers. Yet ebay have no said I can no longer sell with them indefinetly. Has anyone else had this issue?  Customer service was diabolical. I asked for a review  and they would not provide detailed explanation and in fact were quite rude.  How do you actially make an officail complaint or is this not possible?.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Ebay expects all sellers to act professionally. It is not the customers fault, or Ebays, if you made a contract with your customers but couldn't deliver, you should have worked that out and removed your listings before moving. I realise it is harsh but Ebay is quick to rule like this and I have heard that there is no avenue for appeal, sorry.

Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you have been suspended by ebay that is it.....they just won't budge.

There is a poster on the boards who was suspended over a defect that does not even exist any more but ebay still says "NO" to her.

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

I actually put on my listings that I wouldnt be able to post until a set date (ie after I moved) but buyers seem to have ignored this. yet I still get penalised because I didnt post the item within 2 days.

Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

@mays_au2013 wrote:

I actually put on my listings that I wouldnt be able to post until a set date (ie after I moved) but buyers seem to have ignored this. yet I still get penalised because I didnt post the item within 2 days.

Unfortunately a note on your listings means nothing to Ebay - and many buyers don't actually read the description.

It's too late now, but perhaps you should have extended the handling time in your listings.

That way you could have still posted within the time-frame you set and Ebay wouldn't have penalised you.  If your handling time was set to 2 days, they would have expected you to post within that time.

Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

You should have extended your handling time until after you could post.

Too late now I'm afraid.

Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

I'm not sure what the handling time on your listings was, but if it was 1 business day (for example) and you didn't get things out, then of course Ebay is going to penalise you. It was up to you to be organised enough to end your listings well prior to your move so that nobody purchased and put you in a position of not being able to fulfill the order.

It's unfortunate that you had 5 items which all attracted defects - if it had just been 1 ot 2 you might have gotten away with it.

Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

Late shipments won't get defects, or suspended, but disputes opened by buyers that aren't resolved by the seller will. eBay allow only 2 unresolved disputes before they will take action on an account, so I'm guessing items weren't posted and buyers opened disputes?
Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

No no disputes were opened.

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

5 out of 353

Message 10 of 30
Latest reply