why do you hold my funds for up to 21 days now?

i have never been so furious at a website in my life.

the seller has bought AND payed for the item, yet i cannot access it because EBAY and PAYPAL are holding my money for no good reason! i have sold three items recently and have had to message the buyers saying that i cannot SHIP their item BECAUSE I HAVE NOT GOT THE MONEY TO DO SO. 

i dont get who the hell started this STUPID policy, but i expect you to change it immediately. it has to be illegal taking people's rightful money and keepinging it for yourself.

ebay epects me to sell another 19 items before they can 'trust' me enough to give me my money. I DONT HAVE 19 THINGS TO SELL!

i expect these payments, summing up to around 130$ to be released immediatley or i will not sell on ebay every again. Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 90
Latest reply
89 REPLIES 89

Your post is not something I haven't already been convinced of.

But there certainly has to be a bl00dy good explanation of why funds for non e-Bay transactions are being held.  Total, complete and absolute BS!!!

Message 11 of 90
Latest reply

You must have been editing while I was typing.

Have a look at the post above yours.

Message 12 of 90
Latest reply

Doh! The one above my reply.
Message 13 of 90
Latest reply

Just an update on PayPal holding my "non eBay" funds, I wrote a war & peace email to PayPal only to receive a "auto generated" reply that in my original email I stated I would not accept a auto generated reply. Fired another salvo back to PayPal and received a personal reply that just stated the "polices and proceedures". yes I know you can all believe that.

Just checked my PayPal account again and whilst I still have a 21 day hold on a $25 USD payment the next $20 USD payment was released immediately. For the last 2 months I have been making approx 1/2 doz USD transactions every week for between $20 USD and $100 USD with a substantial track record.

No continutiy with anything happening on PayPal. Awaiting yet another reply from PayPal.

Anyone else had non eBay funds held???

Message 14 of 90
Latest reply

@jensmanchester-australia wrote:

You don't have to wait for 21 days if you buy and print your postage through ebay.

Based on your postage method and information you provide us, funds that are temporarily placed on hold should be available:

• 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date when you manually upload tracking information or mark the item as posted in My eBay.
  • 21 days after your buyer pays if you don't upload tracking and you don't mark your item as sent in My eBay.

Regardless of how you choose to post, please keep in mind that your funds may be further delayed if your buyer reports a problem with the transaction.

The trouble is Jen, even when sellers are doing all that, they are still not releasing the funds. They are holding it for the 21 days regardless. What they state and what they do are 2 entirely different things. It may just be a glitch in the system with it being a new thing, but at the moment, sellers are not getting their money.

Message 15 of 90
Latest reply

It has now been 8 days since some of my funds have been held with many "tracked" items having been acknowledged recieved or delivered but money still on hold!

Many buyers not leaving feedback (how do you make them leave feedback)

I still have some non eBay sales still on hold in PayPal enforcing similar policy to eBay.

Looks like I will have to wait the full 21 days.

If my money is not released on the 21st day I will be going to Police as that will be theft straight and simple. (if it is not already)

Message 16 of 90
Latest reply

Nope, all my www site paypal money has been released.

The new system is in place to help try and stop the scammers, if we were all honest paypal wouldn't have to resort to these systems.Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 90
Latest reply

@robinsonmarineparts wrote:

The new system is in place to help try and stop the scammers, if we were all honest paypal wouldn't have to resort to these systems.Smiley Happy

Agreed, but sure is a slap in the face for the NEW honest sellers isn't it ?

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 18 of 90
Latest reply

@robinsonmarineparts wrote:

I couldn't agree more and am all for it for new sellers until they prove themselves. However, I don't think it's right for established sellers who happen to open a second account, which is linked to their main account and their PayPal account, to be treated like brand new sellers.

EBay have said that even though the accounts are linked, it's still treated as a new account and a new seller. They have also said they have no power over releasing the funds. Funny how PayPal say the same thing. Might explain why even though tracking numbers saying they are delivered and money is still being held for the full 21 days.

Feedback is also not considered as proof of delivery due to feedback manipulation (eBay's words).

THe issue with the scammers is, they get their mates to leave them enough feedback whereby they don't have the account restrictions, so it's not really stopping them. It's only affecting the honest people.

Message 19 of 90
Latest reply

sha.ki4
Community Member
AGREE THIS WHOLE THIS SUCKS. Lost faith in ebay. Once an item.is sold the money is rightfully yours. i dont see any other company do this rubbish. you now have to afford postage off your own back of get the **bleep** off ebay. I dont like it. a buy pays for the postage costs and yet we have no access to the funds to cover those cost....any normal business transaction certainly doesnt look like this ebay. h paypal staff are rude and just tell you the funds will be available in 7 days....well **bleep**ing guess what. its that dat as promissed and guess what....funds are still pending. useless backwards system. and in 7 days a biyer can use your item....break it...and claim it came that way
...clap clap ebay, way to take a step backwards. Im expecting ebay to become extinct.
Message 20 of 90
Latest reply