why is ebay so slow?

I am finding ebay to be extremely slow, other sites on web all fine, using firefox .. cleared caches etc, have pop up stuff and ad blockers going,.... time ticks over and I either get the ebay page saying is busy etc. or get time out. Photos are especially troublesome....

i am working from the- outback -cottage- boutique, and I am getting quite annoyed.

Is this another way ebay is trying to get rid of it's sellers? Unable to list new items!

Any one else or just me/

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

why is ebay so slow?

@janeababe wrote:

Stawks...  post started 2015  Man Tongue

.....they're bleeding everywhere. Maybe we should bump some really old posts to make life a bit more exciting around here... LOL

But someone else resurrected it April this year.    What can ya do?

I actually liked Dave's answer back then.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

why is ebay so slow?

I had forgotten it.

See, who says I'm always a grumpy old bugga?

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

why is ebay so slow?

@davewil1964 wrote:

I had forgotten it.

See, who says I'm always a grumpy old bugga?

Oh Dave, none of us would be so cruel....you are only grumpy some of the time.Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

why is ebay so slow?

Exactly. I'm never grumpy when I'm asleep.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

why is ebay so slow?

ITS 2018 and its STILL SO SLOW! I rarely bother give feedback to sellers but this one seller gave ma amazing service so I clicked the FEEDBCK link... and literally, its been 5 minutes and the page has not loaded. Get your **bleep** together eBay!

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

why is ebay so slow?

1. This thread is 3 years old.

2. It is Friday - Friday is maintenance day. Has been for at least the last 10 years.

3. Maybe try some of the suggestions in this thread rather than bumping it to no purpose.

4. Why don't you leave feedback? You obviously receive it, and feedback actually has some relevance for sellers.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

why is ebay so slow?

Something is up ebay website via android. This is google killing ebay probably due to some amazon deal.
Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

why is ebay so slow?

@cut_priced_sales wrote:
Something is up ebay website via android. This is google killing ebay probably due to some amazon deal.

If you are using your phone to view eBay and it is slow then it might be that you have a lot of 'tabs' or 'web pages' active/running.

You would be surprised at how many people have tens and even hundreds of pages that keep on updating . . . causing their phone to run slow.

20191229_110618.jpg

Screenshot_20191230-040554_Chrome.jpg

Try keeping open pages and tabs to a minimum.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

why is ebay so slow?

also, the number of apps you have running can slow your phone.

Try running 'device care' from your 'settings' to optimise performance.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply