wrong eBay post satchel

I've put an item in an eBay 500g post satchel, and printed the label, only to discover that the item is over 500g.  Is there any way to "undo" the label and repeat the process for the 3kg satchel?  Or can I just rock up to a post office and ask to pay the extra postage?

Mike

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: wrong eBay post satchel

Hi go to All Selling  then Manage Postal Labels there is an option to cancel cheers

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

It takes forever for ebay to refund the cancelled label so don't hold your breath lol. Once you have cancelled the label just use the deop down menu to print the correct label then go in and edit the tracking number as it will show both.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

toybox-australia
Community Member
If its just over 500g send it anyway. Most go through without a problem, worst case scenario is Australia post send you a bill for the difference.
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

It takes a month to get eBay to refund the postage. Try taking it to the post office and see if you can pay the extra cost. They can add a printed post sticker with the additional cost.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@toybox-australia wrote:
If its just over 500g send it anyway. Most go through without a problem, worst case scenario is Australia post send you a bill for the difference.

Or AP will bill the buyer before they can receive it for the excess, and the OP would likely end up with a neg or a neutral FB...................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@toybox-australia wrote:

Australia Post will send a bill for the difference along with a penalty amount for underpaid postage, so not good advice to give.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@mike.glew wrote:

I've put an item in an eBay 500g post satchel, and printed the label, only to discover that the item is over 500g.  Is there any way to "undo" the label and repeat the process for the 3kg satchel?  Or can I just rock up to a post office and ask to pay the extra postage?

Mike

Although it does take up to 6 weeks for ebay to credit you, it still is the best option to use MANAGE LABELS, cancel the label, and start again with a 3 kg label.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@mike.glew wrote:

Mike

I have it on authority from my postmaster that there is a fudge factor of about 10% on the small satchel.

That would imply that the parcel would go through ok if not more than about 50g overweight.

The only problem with this is that AP workers either aren't always up to speed or prefer to do things their own way.

The choice is up to you but I'd take it to a PO (not an LPO) and have a talk with the postamaster him/herself, not one of the counter jumpers.

As an example of how AP staff get it wrong:

Books are small but heavy and I'll ofetn send heavy books in small satchels with a 3kg label affixed.

I had one where the customer was asked to pay extra postage and I had the devil of a time convincing then otherwise as they'd thrown the satchel away.

I had to eventually send him a C&S postage report showing his parcel as 3kg paid.

I then had to refund him and get my own refund from AP.

It all worked out in the end and probably won't happen again but there you are; even doing the right thing can have bad results.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply