zero feedback buyer

l sold something under $100 to someone with zero feedback who just opened their account today,they paid on paypal,  should l be worried about possible scams or am l being paranoid and it will be OK

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: zero feedback buyer

I think it will be OK. Everyone has to start sometime, and had this happen a couple of times myself and had no probs at all. Just make sure you get a tracking number, and if worried pay the extra $2.95 for signed for postage.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Everyone starts with zero so it's possible they simply opened the account to make this purchase.

Just make sure you have tracking on the postage.

image host
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I have a had several people say they only signed up to buy my products because they could not get them elsewhere. If you have something thats different (like my herbs and spices) then folks will sign up to buy. Lots of people just check ebay without buying but sometimes they find something that grabs them and they -have- to have it. Only one way to do that ...sign up.

If you have tracking then I would not worry too much. We all start somewhere. As for me ...I have more toruble getting people with hundreds of feedback to pay so its not confined to newbies. 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I used to be a bit paranoid about people who had just opened an account and had zero feedback, but to be honest, i've had some decent sales from these buyers. I have all my items set to Buy It Now with immediate payment, so I don't have to worry about getting paid. I even have people with guest accounts buying from me (and they can't even leave feedback) and that has gone fine.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I have had people with a feedback of over 7000 who never paid for what they bought

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I agree with everything everyone says... But what strikes is that we are all so absolutely paranoid about these things & we shouldn't have to be...

Ebay has made us that way with their constant rediculous medling in our business affairs, always thinking up new ways to screw us over & inventing new Scams for Buyers to do it as well... Just look at the latest Survey re Free Returns & just dropping them off at the Bottlo - What a CRAZY idea !?!?!? Apart from the fact that most items should never receive a Free Return, the poor Seller will be out of pocket again when the item gets lost or damaged because the Bottlo Staff couldn't give a fig about it... They're there to sell Beer & Spirits - NOT be a Post Office !?!?!?

SO sad.....

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I know the staff at one of the local bottle shops here make you feel like your are asking the world when you tell them you want your docket (I mean,how very dare you!)

I can't imagine how they would react if you told them they have to take care of a parcel

(more than likely stand on it to reach the high shelf,I imagine)  

First click and collect, now randomly deposit at whatever building is nearby ?????

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

But what strikes is that we are all so absolutely paranoid about these things & we shouldn't have to be...

Speak for yourself. I'm not and I don't see any need to be. Maybe I attract a better class of buyers. Or maybe I look at the cost/benefit of jumping through hoops to satisfy eBay's wannabe (but not at their expense) standards.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply