Increase in Australia Post postage costs!

How to kill Australian business and price them themselves out of a market

Raise their Price yet again.

Any seller out here using the small 500G bags for cheaper items you are going to be priced out of business.

Prices here

http://auspost.com.au/about-us/price-changes.html

I am not sure if C&S prices are going up.

http://auspost.com.au/media/documents/domestic-parcels-price-and-delivery-standards-changes.pdf

500g satchel $7.85

3kg satchel $12.50

5 kg satchel $15.90

But its all fine to continue to deliver over seas parcels at a loss of $70+ Million a year and make Australians pay for the loss

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

yarmak
Community Member

Dudawangs, Conroy would not be interested.All he seems interested in these days is the NBN,the internet filter and spying on everyone.Don't want those spams and scams coming through the portal now do we? 😐

Dave

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

yarmak
Community Member

Budawangs - sorry mate for the D I meant B this happens from not wearing glasses...

Dave

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

Of course, Minister. But it still seems unfair that it is almost cheaper to post internationally half way round the world as it is for us to post between states.

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

Not almost.

Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

The overseas small parcel seems to be cheaper though e.g.

500g to u.s.a. used to be $17.25

new price says $13.70

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

lemmayj
Community Member

That's because they've got rid of the 250g, 750g, 1250g, 1750g weights.

So a parcel weighing 501g will now cost $28.90 +$9surcharge to go to US, ie $37.90.

Slightly off topic, but given that AP now explicitly include the $9 in their postage calculator, anyone know why it's still omitted from the ebay one?

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

Now pleaase don' t think I don't appreciate the DROP in price on the 500, 1000,1500and 2000gm overseas parcel rates, that's great.

BUT when I sell 2 Music LP's my clients expect a bulk post rate at a discount (ie 1Lp usually 500gm, 2 LP's USED to be 750gm)

Now that is 1000gm, so to Europe, Airmail 1 LP is $17.20 but 2 LP's is $37.  Oh great 😞 ,  my customers are gonna luv that.  And on friday I posted a Gatefold cover LP and I trimmed the protector sheets down, cut square holes in them to get weight down, and when at Post office it was still 511 gms, So I sucked it up and funded the extra $8.75 mysaelf over the client paid amount.  ON Monday If I make the same mistake that will cost me an extra $20..  And another thing in the old 250gm increments it was an exact amount per 250gm increase in each zone, so bulk post calculator could be given.  Anyone noticed the new 500gm increments are not the same for each increase UNTIL you get over 2kg wher it is a uniform amount per 500gm added.?  Someone in OZ post doesn't want our balance of trade to go up via the OZ post medium.  Meanwhile after whacking us all (cleverly worded as an average 4% increase, go figure.....).They will undoubtadly discourage more overseas sales on ebay while delivering cheap post parcels from China to some distant RMB by a contractor in whoop whoop for FREE .....(China or overseas post systems keep their post fees in their country, as we do ours apparantly.)  So now I will be paying $37 to get a 510 gm pack from my suburban post office onto a plane in the airport, and I bet OZ post doesn't pay $37000 for a tonne of aimail that only weighs 500kg (Light packages all charged full rate)

Whinge over !!    Coz OZ post are just laughing how they conned us all . 4% increase my friggin foot.

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

And early next month, Aust Post is putting up the prices of just about everything they didn't put up this month   X-(

http://auspost.com.au/about-us/price-service-changes-5-november-2012.html

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

If any one wants to here is a link for a petition to stop the latest rise in costs by Australia Post.

April 8, 2013 - 3:00AMTo view the entire article, click on: http://www.smh.com.au/business/postage-costs-soar-by-30-as-online-retail-booms-20130407-2hewv.html

I will also be having to change more than my postage costs, have you seen the new ebay fees due to start in may and then more Australia Post price rises for all other items to come. Looks like we need to get smarter about our small businesses.

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply