Who is ebaying today?

I thought I'd get this thread up again.:-)

I've had enough excitement here for one day and am off to find my zzz's.

Good thing the weekend is coming up so we can play with all this new stuff.

Mon
~ Mon ~
Message 1 of 6,626
Latest reply
6,625 REPLIES 6,625

Re: Who is ebaying today?

sincomau
Community Member
Heh...

Customer just sent me a "no sign of my order, please look into it for me thanks" email

Promptly followed by a...

"The post office has just called to let me know they are holding an order for me"

yay

Missing an item? Contact the seller and hey presto...

*smile*

Talk about flukey timing. Gotta love it.
Message 3401 of 6,626
Latest reply

Lovely.
Message 3402 of 6,626
Latest reply

cherishbooks
Community Member
Love that link about the vintage books, Judy!
Message 3403 of 6,626
Latest reply

Love the vintage books link, I'll be sharing it. Reminds me of some of the lovely old Pelican histories I have.

Just wondering if anyone else got the recent eSayers survey? I did and it basically went like this:

eSayers: Age range?
Me: as old as my eyes and a little older than my teeth
eSayers: bought anything recently?
Me: yup
eSayers: sold anything recently?
eSayers: do you have a store?
eSayers: thank you for your time.

What! That's it? What do they hope to get out of that? I haven't had anything from them every since taking part in that buyers forum and was hoping that I'd at least be asked about some current issues/changes or be given the chance to comment. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I hope someone else has received the same survey and by answering differently travels a different path with the opportunity to provide more feedback.
Message 3404 of 6,626
Latest reply

Love the cat stories. I have one sleeping on my lap just now. Kevin, he's 1 1/2. Our ginger is 12 and is responding well to glucosomine etc after becoming arthritic.

Finally caught up with postage that was a couple of days behind. Had a few days work and that always gets in the way of things.

I had a customer contact me 2 days ago saying i had sent a postage note but no book had arrived.

Found it under something in my packing room..oops, very appologetic and offered to refund the postage to compensate (it was 10 days late). They said not to worry, these things happen and that they understood. Most people are generally understanding, but they were particularly nice.

No work today, done a bit of listing.

C
Photobucket
Message 3405 of 6,626
Latest reply

Just a little note for those of you who might have Women's Weekly in their stock. The National Library is looking to digitise some of them. If you have any prior to 1982 you should check out this link http://bit.ly/9qwXBA.

Did you have any of these, C?
Message 3406 of 6,626
Latest reply

Those cat stories are good. I have an elderly cranky tabby who often likes to 'help' me by sitting next to the pc and headbutting the mouse while I'm trying to use it. Or she bats at it with her paws and isn't too fussed if she gets my hand too.

Found it under something in my packing room..oops, very appologetic and offered to refund the postage to compensate (it was 10 days late). They said not to worry, these things happen and that they understood. Most people are generally understanding, but they were particularly nice.
That's lovely. THings do happen and I know when that's happened to me as a buyer I've always appreciated a seller's honesty and that they're sorting it out.

Had a similar thing happen a couple of weeks ago but fortunately I found the parcel within a couple of days, and before the buyer got it touch. I sent if off express post as we're both in the right zones and sent an apologetic email with estimated delivery time frame. They sent back a really nice note thanking me for my honesty and that regular post would've been fine, and a follow up email to confirm the book had arrived the next day. Never mind, it was only a couple of dollars extra, and I also felt like I'd dodged a bullet. ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 3407 of 6,626
Latest reply

Suz, I found an April 1967 copy of AWW a couple of days ago but it's missing a few pages. :_| I might contact them anyway just in case they don't have it. Good for a laugh at the fashions etc back then.

Mon
~ Mon ~
Message 3408 of 6,626
Latest reply

sincomau
Community Member
Well, as they are digitizing, even if they do have it, maybe it will have pages they are missing.
Message 3409 of 6,626
Latest reply

Maybe. I don't know any more details than you do. I've just sent an email asking for more details so hopefully I'll know more tomorrow.
Message 3410 of 6,626
Latest reply