Who is ebaying today?

I thought I'd get this thread up again.:-)

I've had enough excitement here for one day and am off to find my zzz's.

Good thing the weekend is coming up so we can play with all this new stuff.

Mon
~ Mon ~
Message 1 of 6,626
Latest reply
6,625 REPLIES 6,625

Re: Who is ebaying today?

on a lighter note
http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/
Message 6201 of 6,626
Latest reply

I love CakeWrecks! A visit to that site always makes me smile. Her commentary is so spot-on.
Message 6202 of 6,626
Latest reply

I hope Army of Nerds doesn't mind me posting this link which is a great guide for new - and experienced - online booksellers. It really is very thorough, and good on him for taking the time.

http://www.usedtravelbooks.com.au/blog/i-sell-used-books-on-the-internet-for-a-living/how-to-sell-used-books-on-the-internet.html

Mike
Message 6203 of 6,626
Latest reply

laynesmum
Community Member
Thanks Mike (and Army).

I'll settle in with my glass of wine and read ๐Ÿ™‚

Amanda
Message 6204 of 6,626
Latest reply

Our local Borders is selling all books at 75% off & their final trading day is March 31st. Bet the Dymocks in the same complex is suffering for the time being.
Message 6205 of 6,626
Latest reply

don't know what is happening with the local A&R but last three days have been okay not brill but solid -seem to be turning away more and more people wanting to sell mostly downsizers wanting to offload novels, cooking and craft books
Message 6206 of 6,626
Latest reply

Bit of reading for all you book hoarders out there - http://arts.nationalpost.com/2011/03/23/confessions-of-a-book-hoarder/
Message 6207 of 6,626
Latest reply

Bit of reading for all you book hoarders out there - http://arts.nationalpost.com/2011/03/23/confessions-of-a-book-hoarder/

I loved this:

I thought it was also fitting that I found both of my e-readers gathering dust under piles of books.

:^O

Reading books is my superpower

Message 6208 of 6,626
Latest reply

hope for us booksellers yet!
Message 6209 of 6,626
Latest reply

I love those stores. Perhaps I should share my obsession with you all....

I have a 2 bedroom villa and the entire spare bedroom is full of books. The books are conveniently and neatly packed into the smaller photocopy-paper boxes that are easy and not too heavy to carry when filled with books.

On top of these neatly stacked boxes are the lids from same boxes that have my currently listed books neatly stacked in them for easy access. I have made it a rule not to list more books on ebay than what will fit into these lids without starting a new row above them. I can only cope with the levels that I currently have with the limited time available to me.

Under my bed are boxes filled with books, with a small crawl space for my cat to wander through and hide in. Inside my two built-in robes are boxes of books stacked on the carpet, just high enough to not touch the clothing hanging above them. I am pleased to announce that my living area is now free of books other than what is in the bookcases and a cane chest in the corner of the room. Under the patio stacked against the wall, are around half a dozen large plastic tubs with snap on lids and in the walk-in storage room accessible from the back porch is another number of plastic tubs filled with books - not sure how many as I can barely open the door.

I have lived at my home for eleven years and instead of decreasing my book stashes, they are ever increasing (shakes her head in wonder). At one stage, I thought it would be great to buy books that I intended to read some day and start stashing them away for a rainy day. The problem with that idea is that we just don't seem to get that much rain here in Perth ๐Ÿ™‚

I am also very reluctant to part with many of my treasures regardless of their current value.

Now if I can just figure out a way to find time to list (and hopefully sell) more than those that I bring home from my enjoyable op-shop weekend treks, I may be able to get some space back ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 6210 of 6,626
Latest reply