Attaching video evidence files to feedback queries and messages

Please Note: I have posted this same message on the Community Forum to guauge the eBay Community's interest in this issue.

At present eBay only permit picture format files to be attached to buyer feedback/query messages sent to sellers regarding product quality or faults. Many operational product faults or quality issues can not be accurately conveyed by a picture alone and need video evidence that demonstrates the issues the buyer experiences with the product. When will eBay permit video format files to be attached to feedback/query messages?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

This is the Community Forum - you've posted the same thing here twice.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

This is the first time I have ever posted anything on the eBay Forum. I wasn't sure if the Technical Forum was just for eBay Tech. Support staff or if it was a general public or all of Community Forum too. So I posted the same thing twice for a technical viability response and an eBay user desirability response.  Now do you have a real answer, or, are you just going to "make a mountain out of a mole-hill" because I posted a question twice? Your reply was not helpful!  

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Nor is answering a week later.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Gee anton, who got out of the wrong side of the bed today ?

A member was politely informing you the post has posted twice in case you weren't aware and to check the other thread for possible responses.

Sheesh.

image host
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@antonygg2010 wrote:

Please Note: I have posted this same message on the Community Forum to guauge the eBay Community's interest in this issue.

At present eBay only permit picture format files to be attached to buyer feedback/query messages sent to sellers regarding product quality or faults. Many operational product faults or quality issues can not be accurately conveyed by a picture alone and need video evidence that demonstrates the issues the buyer experiences with the product. When will eBay permit video format files to be attached to feedback/query messages?

Your idea has some merit, but the way ebay have structured thier returns policy it is not really needed. All a buyer has to do is open an item not as described case and state something does not work as it should and the seller really has very little option but to refund the purchase price and postage cost. The seller can request the item be returned, but its the seller that pays the return postage or freight cost. Even if the item is in perfect working order when returned, the seller has little recourse. Ebay consider the seller got it back, they can re-sell it. Even though the packaging will be destroyed and the item is now used.

Basically the buyer can do no wrong and the seller always pays, so video evidence of the problem is not required under the current system.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply