Unwanted computer language listed in the "details" section.

When I list an item for sale I'm picking up lines of computer language in the "details" section.I'm picking up a linrs of  computer language which is also listed. How do I get rid of it?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You would need to give more details, since without seeing it, or experiencing it, it is hard to know what you are encountering.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Like this :

<script>try{(function() {if (typeof(lpcurruser) == 'undefined') lpcurruser = ''; if (document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt') && document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value != '') { lpcurruser = document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value; document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value = ''; } if (typeof(lpcurrpass) == 'undefined') lpcurrpass=''; if (document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt') && document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value != '') { lpcurrpass = document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value; document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value = ''; } var lploc=1;var lponlyfill=1;(function() { var doc = document; var frm = doc.getElementById('SignInForm'); var old_username = doc.getElementById('userid'); var old_password = doc.getElementById('pass'); var runids = doc.getElementsByName('runId2'); var runid = null; if (runids.length==1) { runid = doc.getElementsByName('runId2')[0]; } if (frm && runid && old_username && old_password ) { try { old_username.value = ""; old_password.value = ""; old_username.parentNode.nextSibling.getElementsByTagName('input')[0].value = lpcurruser; old_password.parentNode.previousSibling.getElementsByTagName('input')[0].value = lpcurrpass; } catch (e) { }; } })();lpcurruser = ''; lpcurrpass = '';})();}catch(e){}</script><script>try{(function() {if (typeof(lpcurruser) == 'undefined') lpcurruser = ''; if (document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt') && document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value != '') { lpcurruser = document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value; document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value = ''; } if (typeof(lpcurrpass) == 'undefined') lpcurrpass=''; if (document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt') && document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value != '') { lpcurrpass = document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value; document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value = ''; } var lploc=2;var lponlyfill=1;(function() { var doc = document; var frm = doc.getElementById('SignInForm'); var old_username = doc.getElementById('userid'); var old_password = doc.getElementById('pass'); var runids = doc.getElementsByName('runId2'); var runid = null; if (runids.length==1) { runid = doc.getElementsByName('runId2')[0]; } if (frm && runid && old_username && old_password ) { try { old_username.value = ""; old_password.value = ""; old_username.parentNode.nextSibling.getElementsByTagName('input')[0].value = lpcurruser; old_password.parentNode.previousSibling.getElementsByTagName('input')[0].value = lpcurrpass; } catch (e) { }; } })();lpcurruser = ''; lpcurrpass = '';})();}catch(e){}</script>

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Just made another listing which didn't cantain any garbage. Whew! But odd.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Looks like you were viewing the HTML code.
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

It doesn't look like HTML code to me.  It's some sort of script.  Probably just a temporary glitch.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Did you start using last pass add on in your browser?

To delete it:

Go to the very bottom of your description in the standard text editor.

Type a line across the bottom like this +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

something very noticeable.

Then click on the html tab of the editor.

Scroll down to your fancy line and delete everything below that line.

Then switch back to your standard rich text editor.

It should have removed all that wierd html.

Then delete that fancy line at the bottom.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I bow to your superior knowledge - I don't really know much about HTML, just that it uses symbols at times. Thanks. 🙂
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I get this problem from time to time. Its an ebay glitch that occurs occasionally and has been around for many months. Just  click out of the listing and try again. Usually it clears itself. On the occasions it wont go away, signing out and signing back in again seems to help. It doesnt happen very often, so not a biggy.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply