Can't upload photo

I'm trying to upload photos to a new listing but getting this error message.

Invalid photo (CLERR002)

DSCF0991.JPG

The file seems to be corrupted. Please remove it and upload valid JPG, GIF or PNG, TIF or BMP file.

The photos are the same JPG format as I've always used and even if I try loading a photo that has already been used on another listing I get the same error message. Is this a known issue atm?

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Can't upload photo

Problem solved.

For anyone interested, I did some Googling and found someone on the Mozilla forums having the same issue. Turned out it was their Privacy Badger add-on interfering with the photo uploader. I'm also using this add-on, so I just disabled it, restarted Firefox and tried again and up they went.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Can't upload photo

Haven't heard anything but it is Friday, eBay maintenance day and strange things happen.

Perhaps try again tomorrow.

image host
Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Can't upload photo

Ok will do. Thanks.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

Can't upload photo

It's happened to us a couple of times.

We found that if we started the listing again from scratch, we could then load the photos.

That might work for you, but we can't guarantee it.
Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Can't upload photo

Just tried again and still no luck. I've tried with the "sell similar" and the "new listing" formats but neither will upload the photos : (

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Can't upload photo

Ok, so still no luck uploading photos.

I want to list this new item but how can I sell it with no photos??

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the latest windows 10 update which rendered my laptop totally useless and I had to get windows reinstalled.

So frustrating 😞

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

Can't upload photo

Has anyone looked into this yet?

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Can't upload photo

Problem solved.

For anyone interested, I did some Googling and found someone on the Mozilla forums having the same issue. Turned out it was their Privacy Badger add-on interfering with the photo uploader. I'm also using this add-on, so I just disabled it, restarted Firefox and tried again and up they went.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Can't upload photo

I was having trouble uploading and was getting this message:

Invalid photo (CLERR002) AC4C4BF6-0396-4C95-AFAB-25961878CD81.heic

I just happened to get a Mac update a few days before and thought this might have something to do with it. HEIC is Apple's High Efficiency Image format. This format conflicts with eBay. So all the photos that I took with my Apple Iphone were in this format so they are now useless for eBay. The trick solution is to go to your phone settings, navigate to camera settings and open formats. High Efficiency saves photos a HEIC, while the Most Compatible option will save them as JPEG which is more easily loaded to eBay. 

I tested this and it works. The only problem is now I need to redo all my photos for my new listings. 

I hope this helps others having the same problem. 

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Can't upload photo

I discovered another trick that worked for me any way. Which means I don't need to retake all my photos. I have a Mac and have found if i drag my photos out of the Photos app on my computer and drop them into a folder on my desktop it converts them into JPEG. 

I found this is such a great little trick and such a time saver in this situation. 

Once again, I hope this helps others with this same problem. 

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply