Cant join, Ebay Plus

Im getting this error message.

"Sorry, this program is currently only available for users registered on eBay.com.au and whose billing currency is Australian Dollar."

My address is set to Australia and currency to AUD..  Am I missing anything else?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Cant join, Ebay Plus

Same here. if you have opened your eBay account in a different country or used in another country address, subsequently moved to AU address they appear to be having technical issues. You have to submit a technical support ticket to get your account to get it rectified, informed by eBay support team. I have been waiting for a week now waiting to hear from them,

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Cant join, Ebay Plus

How do you find and submit a tech support ticket??
Thank you
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Cant join, Ebay Plus

pbeegan
Community Member

Me too. Though my account did start off in the UK before I moved to Australia.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Cant join, Ebay Plus

@epiksell77,

There doesn't appear to be a way to submit a technical support ticket, or even to get in touch with IT.

However, eBay's "Have us call you" option is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. (Emails are useless, for a number of reasons, but primarily because the responses, when they are finally sent, are bot-generated.)

eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

We’re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Cant join, Ebay Plus

Can confirm that contacting via the "have us call you" link is indeed a fast way to solve this problem. Call back was instant and were able to fix it up on the phone in less than 2 minutes, including security verification.

I would have preferred a non voice way to do this however.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Cant join, Ebay Plus

My issue was that my billing curreny was set to USD ( a legacy item from originally having a US account prior to ebay being in Australia)

Changing that to AUD fiixed my issue.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/updating-billing-settings?id=4129

Once I chose AUD I was good to go

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Cant join, Ebay Plus

Used the online chat facility and got in resolved in 2 minutes. Able to sign up now to eBay Plus 🙂

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Cant join, Ebay Plus

Thank you mate, excellent help 🙂

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply