Codeless discounts are apparently being discontinued!!!

Ive just been advised by an ebay customer service rep that codeless discounts are being scrapped and no longer work. Apparently everyone can now take advantage of offers that were previously only accessible via a special link. This is seriously scary and could mean thousands of dollars of lost profit for sellers! There have need no updates on the ebay wesite, no public notifications of any changes and the 'create codeless discounts' link is still active etc but this is insane!

This is a MASSIVE error or technical issue that eBay havent removed the feature, links etc AND havent notified sellers that this feature no longer works in the intended way OR this stupid ebay rep is seriously wrong in every way and should be fired!

Can anyone verify this please?!?!?!?! 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Yes its talking about the same codeless coupon but no this isnt the problem. There are 3 options for creating an eBay promoition and codeless voucher is one of the options.

"Create a targeted offer (digital voucher) that can be shared with select users
Targeted offers or digital vouchers allow you to provide an order discount to select buyers only. Your offer won't be visible to any general buyers on the site. Only buyers who click through a special link for this offer or enter this special URL in their browser will see or receive this targeted offer. This URL will be generated when you save this offer and can be shared with third party shopping sites, included in marketing emails, or included as a part of your onsite marketing placements to drive traffic to this targeted offer. The offer will automatically be applied for these select buyers that clicked through. No special codes are needed."

As you can see, the first paragraph says that this option is ideal for sharing a discount with select buyers of my choosing and that it will create a link for me to give out. This is exactly what i want to do BUT the eBay customer service rep said that this feature (codeless vouchers) no longer works and that apparently it discounts all items in my store for EVERY BUYER

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply