Promotions Manager still broken despite being up for 18months.

allfixelectrical
Community Member

Now that you have finally put the nail in the coffin of the old Markdown Manager so that it is no longer possible to create or even edit an old sale so that it can be reused, when are you going to fix the complete mess that is Promotions Manager when it comes to creating sales with a percentage discount?

This has not worked since it first was introduced and now that it is the only method available to put items on sale it is about time someone pulled their finger out of their rectum and did something about it.

It is bad enough that only 500 items can be included in one sale, but add to that the fact that after spending hours putting nearly 6000 items on sale I am disgusted to find that most are still rejected for a stupid reason which is not relevent or even able to be fixed.

Out of each 500 item sale, only from 38 to a maximum of 92 in each group have actually been put on sale with all other items skipped because of "price".

What the hell does that mean?

I have no restrictions on the price of the items I am trying to sell and no exclusion rules enabled whatsoever.

Are the items too expensive to be put on sale?

Are they too cheap to be put on sale?

Are they not cheap enough after being put on sale to compete with the Chinese rubbish that you promote at the bottom of my listings instead of the product I am trying to sell?

Don't you like the look of the listing?

Have I not sold enough items last week?

Have I not been on ebay long enough?

Have I been on ebay too long? (The answer to that is YES!).

Or is it what I suspect that the 10yo script kiddie that you paid a few lollypops to, to write the software in the first place has no idea how to get it to work.

No wonder this site is going down the toilet faster than a digested curry in Pakistan.

</RANT>

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Afraid that is something you will need to question ebay about

I wish you luck with that, there are so many glitches recently (and those that have been about for ages have gotten worse) but ebay cotinue to tell users

a) there is no problem, it's just you

b) we will get our tech team on it (never happens)

Let us know how you get on when you contact them (by phone is better, emails just get generic responses from bots)

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

I have volume discounts set on my entire inventory (2200+ items).

It seems to work fine.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply