Ebay refuses to correct an email problem - namely my Email address

genrel
Community Member

I have had the same email address for over 20 years and I'm still using it with no problems or issues except when it comes to eBay who have added a dot au extension to my email address. I found this problem over 18 months ago and couldn't get dumbo ebay to fix it then. When I try to correct it, Ebay comes up with a message  that this email address is already taken....yes, it's mine and I don't want to create another one. I can't see why dumbo eBay can't sort the issue out. They are so useless and their staff keep telling me no-one at ebay can change anyone's data but someone or something has changed mine and it's creating no end of problems so I have stopped selling on eBay and usually I won't buy on here either because of the problem. However today I relented and bought something and then contacted the seller to rectify my email address so he could communicate with me but so far I haven't heard a word from him so I'm not too pleased. Has anyone else had this issue? All Ebay needs to do is email me a test email to check me out but they won't do that either. I really hate this site now. It is run by mindless idiots who can't think for themselves.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ebay refuses to correct an email problem - namely my Email address

Have you at some point signed in via social media?

What happens if you attempt to sign in using the email address itself?

I won’t say it’s flat-out impossible for a technical eBay glitch to have added an extension to your email address listed on your eBay account… but rule out the most obvious possibilities first before settling on that theory. You do not want to find yourself unable to access your eBay account at some point. 

Once you’ve tried to log in using the correct eBay account, what happens?

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

one of my email address works both with or without the .au extension. I just have to remember who has the .au version when using an email address to log into sites.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

All messages between members, are now routed via ebay and members now only see an alias email address.

Also depending on the nature of the messages, all automatically monitored, the message may or may not be forwarded to the intended recipient.  So if you are trying to bypass ebay, it is not going to happen.

Ebay has weeded out a lot of bad sellers and buyers alike, in the last few years, and for my money, run by mindless idiots or not, has improved significantly.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply