Editing custom pages in a store is currently broken.

allfixelectrical
Community Member

I tried to edit my return policy today which is a custom page in my anchor store.

For the past 4-5 years there has been a bug in that process whereby the preview screen has been blank when clicking continue after making changes in the edit screen, but clicking save and continue implemented the changes made and everything was fine so long as no typing errors were made.

Today, however, I made changes to the page and when I finally saved it and viewed the page it was all gobbledygook with no HTML formatting whatsoever and not even appearing in the correct place on the store home page as it spilled under the righthand columns instead of staying in the centre column where it belongs.

Subsequent edits made it worse even if going through the edit process without actually making any changes

2-3 hours later of trying to simply add the text of the policy back in so that at least it was readable, I had to give up and ring customer service. They agreed that there was a problem and have promised to look into it quickly.

The rep said most technical issues are fixed within 12-24hrs at which time I nearly choked but I am hoping that in this case they are right.

It has caused me to have to close the store by putting it on holiday mode with sales disabled as the return policy is an integral legal document linked to each and every listing.

In the meantime if you have custom pages, DO NOT try to edit them and save the edit. I at least have backups of everything I have on the ebay site so if it is ever fixed I will be able to restore the page lost.

This is the worst site related issue that I have encountered in 17 years on eBay and I could write a book about previous problems.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Editing custom pages in a store is currently broken.

It's Friday, maintenance day.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply