Google Ad banner serving up malware from dollarcreative.com

I have just been attacked twice in two days by malware delivered in your Google Ad banner. My browser was hijacked and redirected to dollarcreative.com and then to a bunch of bogus security warnings and other **bleep**. Please stop serving up malware in Google Ad banners!!!

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Google Ad banner serving up malware from dollarcreative.com

Members here are all buyers and sellers exactly like you and are in no way responsible

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Google Ad banner serving up malware from dollarcreative.com

@wizzkids,

You're not talking to eBay by posting in this forum. It is a public board, part of the eBay CommunityDiscussion Boards (in spite of also being under the Inside eBay and Technical Issues sub-forum headings).

To clarify, there is no forum whereby you're contacting eBay. This particular board is called Technical Issues but it's not a conduit to eBay IT. It's still part of the eBay Community discussion boards, and the responders are eBay member just as you are an eBay member.

Therefore... no one here can "stop serving up malware in Google Ad banners".

If your browser is being hijacked and redirected to another site, you should take steps to protect your computer. Have you good anti-virus software? Run a full scan. Try downloading a free edition of malwarebytes and run that. Clear cookies and cache, possibly history as well. Do a hard refresh (Ctrl-F5). If you're using IE, you should switch to using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as your browser, and make sure that you have AdBlock Plus (or similalr) add-on installed and active.

(I should mention that the dollarcreative.com redirect is quite well-known and these browser redirects are occurring on a number of sites; it's not an eBay issue in itself, but rather the fact that Google adwords are being misused by hackers/scammers.)

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply