HTML issue

I use a simple WYSIWYG editor (SeaMonkey) for creating my ebay listings. The upper part of each listing contains two small GIF images (hosted on Imgur) which although showing correctly when I make the listing:

listing_view.jpg

However, when I view the actual completed listing, this is what is displayed:

listing.jpg

The HTML code for this is:

html_code.jpg

Can anyone see why this is happening? Is there something wrong with the code?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: HTML issue

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I see the gumleaf image on the left of the screen if I view your listings. I never look at someone's store, only ever the listings. Not sure if that makes any difference.

Doesn't appear as though the mods have moved my post, so i am going to repost it myself on the Selling forum. 

How odd you can see one of the images but not the other? and on the other side of the screen it is suppposed to be seen? The gumleaves and flower are suposed to be on the far right and the name 'Gumleaf Goodies' on the left.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

UPDATE!

After accidentally discovering that when viewed via Firefox rather than Chrome, the images showed correctly, this led me to Google if there was a connection between ebay and images stored on Imgur --  pages and pages of results. Most informative was archived posts on the US Technical forum from 2015 (!!!) about eBay blocking imgur photos. So it is obviously an isssue that has been going on for some time, so I have been lucky it has only recently affected me. Doesn't explain why the links worked on Firefox however. 

Basically the solution is to move the hosting from imgur to another site - most recommended was Dropbox, which I have now found works perfectly. Whether I will bother changing the code on my 500+ existing images is another matter but certainly from now on, I will use the new links.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

You could always host your images on your own computer. Radical, I know.

And marking your own post as a solution doesn't help your credibility.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply