I can't open individual item pages

Hi , I can search and find items, but every time I try and open the items page, I get "Can't reach this page"" messages . This has only occurred in the last couple of days. I can open items through my android phone but not my laptop.

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Same issues that started on Friday when I left feedback using the new format on ebay au.

I sell and buy on ebay.au

Always used Google Chrome as browser and no issue with other sites except with ebay au.since then.

Tried all the suggestions clear cookies,etc,etc,etc

Unable to view my listings for sale,list new items for sale or view any one else's listing to buy.

Tried today by changing browser to Firefox-all worked fine-could list new items and view listings until I left feedback for some items I had sold (new feedback format on ebay again)-now having the same issues with Firefox as Google Chrome!

Obviously from a non tech person seems to be an issue with the new feedback format on ebay.au???  

Very frustrating for a seller and buyer.

Message 11 of 40
Latest reply

5 days and I'm still having problems.I can't sign in at all to e bay Australia using Firefox,I keep getting looped with the sign in page.I can sign in using Google Chrome, but can't open up  and view my listings or other sellers listings.I did however, manage to sign into my account through e bay UK site, no problems at all, view my listings and view other sellers listings on my watch list, and and that was using Firefox browser.I think e bay's tinkering (it never stops) last Friday well and truely put a spanner in the works with their site.I provided e bay with the requested screen shots of the error pages, waiting on a reply.I use Firefox and all other web pages I visit (internet banking, pay-pal,news sites) no problems.No problems either using Google Chrome to view other web sites.Even if I could list an auction, I don't think I would as no one would be able to bid.Maybe I will get a reduction in this months store fee subscription for time I was unable to operate my account ?? which big fat red button do I push for that to take effect ???

Message 12 of 40
Latest reply

I use Chrome, Firefox and Opera and have had no problems with any of them. Occasionally I'll get stuck in a login loop on Firefox, which clearing cache normally fixes. Sometimes I have to clear several times even though I've not accessed any other pages that would add new cache. I think the most I had to do was 5 times in a row. 

Message 13 of 40
Latest reply

This is bordering on ridiculous now 5 days later. We are having to go the long way around to do simple tasks! Is anyone from ebay even reading the boards as they supposedly do?

Message 14 of 40
Latest reply

Hi Guys

I had the same problem Win 10.

Found a post to Clear Cookies in Weird state , Ctrl shift Delete opens the menu.Just try to clear all items.

Worked for me.

Hope it helps 

dion

Message 15 of 40
Latest reply

Thanks Dion works now! Genius!

Message 16 of 40
Latest reply

I have had the same problem all day.

Specific for Firefox (I can use Microsoft) on Ebay.com.au. I can log into and open item pages on the US site, however, not on the Australian site.

"The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies".

How do we report this problem to Ebay.com.au?

Message 17 of 40
Latest reply

Thanks Dion.I tried your trick on Google Chrome and I was able to view my listings and other sellers for the first time in 5 days.Tried it on Firefox, but not successful with that Browser at present.Cheers Kane.

Message 18 of 40
Latest reply

dion, thank you so much for the fix. It worked straightaway, after days of buggering about trying to contact ebay. Seems like there's a lot of folks with the same problem. I hope they can access your fix, and try it! Thanks again.....Jerry.

@dionnude wrote:

Hi Guys

I had the same problem Win 10.

Found a post to Clear Cookies in Weird state , Ctrl shift Delete opens the menu.Just try to clear all items.

Worked for me.

Hope it helps 

dion

Message 19 of 40
Latest reply

OMG!   There are heaps of threads all saying the same thing all over the boards.

The answer given every time is first to clear cookies and cache.

Why wouldn't that be your first go-to?

Next is to download an adblocker for your browser.

Why is it suddenly a light-bulb moment?       angry smiley.gif

Message 20 of 40
Latest reply