Popup to click ok to win

4 times today while looking at products the screen goes blank then a pop up appears asking me to click ok as i have been chosen to recieve a Iphone, tablet or samsung S9.

The only way to get out of it is to close that window.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Popup to click ok to win

@performance_parts_clearance_centre wrote:

Far more likely to be related to the actual browser than the specific web-page, I'd think. Possibly a rogue extension or script of some sort.

Adware,(possibly when the browser updated).

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Check here for explanation of what may be occurring.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

They're not actually pop-ups.  They take you to a completely different webpage.  I just got another one, different to before.  No black filter on this one, different web address, no windows logo - this one is addressed to google users.  Nope, not going to fall for this one either!

Screenshot (317) edited.png

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

I can imagine a lot of people will be put off using ebay by this sort of thing.  I was using another tab and when I went back to my All Selling page I got the other page instead.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

Looks like malware to me.

If it was an eBay thing, I would expect everybody to get it. I certainly haven't been hit, but I have reasonable security, no malware and POPUPS BLOCKED.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

Yes, I agree. Using Malwarebytes could help.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

Google prize spam.jpgHey Guys and Gals.

Happened again so i did a screen shot. Will go into popup blocker and advertizing .

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

Tried that, found nothing. I haven't seen any pop-up ads for YEARS on my computer so they're well and truly blocked.
Message 18 of 18
Latest reply