Random same email message keeps appearing for 4 years

I sent this message about 4 years ago....

"Hi Janine.
The usual note that your $100 layby payment is in.
Excuse the format of the email but eBay have now removed your ring from my sold list so I'll have to contact you in a round about manner.
Happy New Year, Edward"

Over that time it has been constantly and randomly showing up in my customers emails and seem to be getting to be more often.

I am getting pretty sick of answering emails from my buyers concerned about it and explainiung that it is an eBay digital ghost.

I don't have a lot of expections about it being removed but it would be nice.

Regards, Edward

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Random same email message keeps appearing for 4 years

have you been to Help (bottom of the page)? Ebay doesn't read here, just other members ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I does say the following for this forum category...
Technical Issues....When you experience a technical issue on eBay, we want to know. The eBay team will regularly check this board for reported issues.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

If only that were actually true Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Only in your dreams Edward.

As a long time poster on the boards (and a former customer of yours) I can tell you that ebay staff definitely does not respond on the boards, no matter what the board title indicates.

You would be better off contacting them through Help and Contact and ask for a call back....you get a more knowledgable CS person that way, I believe.  And take it with a grain of salt when they tell you that the technical staff will deal with it promptly.  It is more likely be fixed this time next year if you are lucky.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Tried a few times using help...have you seen their options...you might note I wasn't being particularly optimistic.

I'll live with it if I have to.

Thanks for the replies, Edward

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Have you checked your Emails to customers as it may be hidden in a folder that you no longer use that has it

ticked to go out at a certain time of year?

Or something similar.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply