Returned an order, but status still doesn't say the order has been posted

Hi,

I've returned an order, postage printed from eBay, the item says it has been delivered back to the seller. On eBay I still see the status of the return as "started", not even "posted". The seller already has the item and I'm expecting a refund, but I only get emails "reminding me to post the order".

I've obviously delivered the item, the tracking number matches the one on my eBay... what's going on??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Also to clarify Aus-post says the item has been delivered, but eBay doesn't even recognize it as posted (return status = started) - and eBay keeps reminding me to post it or they will close the return... I've doubled checked the tracking number and they are the same.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Have you uploaded the tracking number to the case? This is essential. Cases are closed systems and DO NOT reference anything outside of them.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I can see the tracking number in the case. The tracking number was given to me by the returns form as you an see it's the same as AUS-post. It's clearly been delivered. I don't see an option to add anything else to the case.

nikraman51_0-1646990664503.png

nikraman51_1-1646990754262.png

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Try contacting eBay through the case and try to get the CS rep to actually plug the tracking number into the AP website.

There is often a disconnect between AP and eBay (I suspect the issue is on eBay's side), so it probably requires intervention by a human.

Be firm, but polite. Have eBay's MBG policy to hand. Point out the relevant parts of the MBG as required.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply