Safety Recall on item purchased through ebay

Ebay sent me a message:

We take product safety very seriously. We’re reaching out to you because an item you purchased may have been recalled or pose a safety hazard. We recommend that you stop using this product. If you have questions about the item(s), please reach out to the seller or the manufacturer. Item details are listed below.

More specific details are provided below.

Item details: 314131256030 - 300Mbps Wifi Extender Repeater Range Booster AP Router AU Wireless-N 802.11

I have contacted the supplier several times over the last weeks and had no response.

I cannot find a way through the maze to raising the issue with ebay. Can anyone help.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Recently another person posted about the same item. Ebay are not likely to do anything as it is outside the 30 day MBG period.

There are no warranties on eBay so if the seller is ignoring you, you might need to contact the manufacturer directly.

If that is not possible or if they can't/won't help then unfortunately you might not have much recourse.

Technically in Australia it is up to the seller or manufacturer to deal with recalled items. Ebay is not the seller so they have fulfilled their obligation by notifying you.

If the seller is overseas then they are not bound by Australian law anyway

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

This was the other thread: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/recalled-item/td-p/2563423

As pointed out in the other thread, the item is probably not even really "recalled" (they just deleted the listing) - it is probably still sold somewhere else, or even on eBay, as there are a lot of unbranded items similar to the one that has been "recalled" - both on eBay and elsewhere, in particular the new site starting with T.

The seller has probably sold quite a few and is not answering messages concerning this recalled item any more. (Apparently the person in the other thread had been told to contact the "help desk".)

Sadly you won't get a refund, but please think of your safety, stop using the item and buy a new branded one.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply