Sick of signing in!

Why the hell do I have to sign in evert time I use this site??? My opening page recognises me with my username and other details but it still wants me to sign in, even if I have checked the box (Stay Signed In) !!!

This has happened ever since you updated your site and it's been weeks!!! Why can't you resolve this issue......Coles have an Australia wide IT issue and it's corrected within a couple of hours but not you guys, your IT experts are hopeless!!!

I've been using this site for many years and I've never had to go through such an antiquated process to open my home page, I might as well close my account because I'm well and truly over this!!! 

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sick of signing in!

Try this - 

From My eBay page select the account tab then site preferences.

Scroll to the bottom to 'Other general prefs'.

Make sure the box for keep me signed in is ticked.

If not tick the yes box and apply.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

eBay don't read here.

It's only other members on these forums.

You are not the only one, many others have also started threads on this issue.

I suggest clearing cookies n temp internet files then restart computer. Use Chrome if using IE as a browser.

Then tick the box to remain signed in BUT also when the browser asks to remember your password select yes.

Also bookmark My eBay to your browser, that should mean you will automatically go straight to My eBay every time.

If that doesn't work then your account is one of those that has the glitch.

image host
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Mine does the same thing - every couple of days I have to sign in, or even if I attempt to navigate around my seller hub or account. It's most annoying. Clearing brwsers/cookies etc makes no difference. I wouldn't close my account over it, but it is definitely frustrating.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Now if you could only tell eBay all this

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Anyone having this problem, go to "Tell us what you Think" . Put a complaint in about the continuous signing in. If all members did so hopefully the very annoying issue will  be resolved. Worth a try.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Glad I'm not the only one. Seriously getting up my nose, none of my other sites gives me such irritating nonsense.
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

YEP MINE IS THE SAME COME ON EBAY FIX IT YOU EARN ENOUGH....

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

jvp1947
Community Member

Yep I killed .myselfy last week over this.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Try this - 

From My eBay page select the account tab then site preferences.

Scroll to the bottom to 'Other general prefs'.

Make sure the box for keep me signed in is ticked.

If not tick the yes box and apply.

image host
Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks for the advice, I used your solution and the (keep me signed in) box was already ticked so I unchecked it and then ticked again and hit apply, Bingo! Fingers crossed it stays that way?! Cheers!!!
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply