Unable to browse by top level category. Custom Advanced Searches loses parameters (Screen Shots)

kendaeri
Community Member

Problem: Unable to browse all items in a Top level Category.

Normally we use the search function drop down to go to a specific category and search all items. Then narrow the resulting information down by other parameters such as "Used", Auction format and location within 100km.

image.png

When completing this function it now takes the member to a top level category landing page. 
image.png

We are forced to narrow our category by 2nd level categories, the functionality of 1st level category browsing is now longer available.

As an alternative we can do an advanced search. Set all the functions as listed above. The first page of results is shown correctly (Image below). Onc eyou select page 2 or > at the bottom of the 1st page it loses the custom search parameters (2nd image below)

image.png

image.png

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Unable to browse by top level category. Custom Advanced Searches loses parameters (Screen Shots)

kendaeri
Community Member

Completing Advanced Search on Top level Category then sub 2nd level category shows no results.

image.png

2nd level category narrowing of an advanced search function. no results shown in list.

image.png

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Copy n paste this into the search box.

((or, and, of, is, I, if, at, where,please, when, the,by,in,my,new,a,out,you,luck,are,on,rare))

I get over 7,400 in cars, bikes n boats.

image host
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

thank you, yes I have and do use a search like this, it does actually resolve the 2nd level category searching etc, just sad that this functionality did work without a specific borlean search term function that has to be used to restore said functionality.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Did you find you got more results with or without the boolean search ? Interesting to know.

(when the top level search was working)

image host
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Definitely, as it didn't depend on a specific search term being required. The one you just sent is pretty good as it has a fairly good chance of having one of those words. Make sure you select search descriptions.

Without search descriptions (just located in australia all listings)

I got 6827image.png

but if you search descriptions it gets 23k unfortunately the results are poor, ebay are now trying to show you things it thinks you want outside of the category you are searching. drives me mad.

image.png

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply