Unable to place quotes on Android phone

I am unable to place quotes in reply to messages on my android phone. In full version, the preview looks fine, but the resultant post is complete gibberish full of markup tags etc.... Any others in the same boat? By the way, my browser of choice is Firefox.
Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

samoaman, unfortunately the eBay technical team won't read your post.

They don't read anything.

It's incredibly misleading for eBay to have a Community board with a sub-forum called "Inside eBay" and a sub-sub-forum called "Technical Issues". It's still part of the "Community" board, moderated not by eBay itself but by an outsourced company called Lithium, whose job it is to administrate and moderate the boards but certainly not to provide customer service or technical assistance.

If only eBay's IT team were able to be contacted by customers reporting genuine technical issues... but they are not.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Afraid I never use my phone for ebay as there are even more glitches and problems than there are on a computer or tablet

But no doubt someone who has experienced the same will be able to let you know how they fixed it (or if it could be fixed for them)

Good luck

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

<blockquote><hr /><li-user login="enigmabear" uid="642065"></li-user>&nbsp;wrote:<br />
<p>Afraid I never use my phone for ebay as there are even more glitches and problems than there are on a computer or tablet</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>But no doubt someone who has experienced the same will be able to let you know how they fixed it (or if it could be fixed for them)</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Good luck</p>
<hr /></blockquote>
<p>Thanks enigmabear. Here is a demo of what happens when I reply.</p>
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

The above is a demonstration of what happens. It was a reply to enigmabear with quote.
Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

@samoaman wrote:
The above is a demonstration of what happens. It was a reply to enigmabear with quote.

That's what you say.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

What are you suggesting jozstamos? Surely not that I am fabricating my reply?? I can assure you that I am not! This is an eBay technical issue, because the preview in Firefox looks fine. It is only by pressing the post button that it fails. Android has the lion's share of the mobile market, and eBay must fix it. Who knows what other holes there are in their systems?
Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

A joke in very poor taste jozstamps! It came across as a taunt to me. I suggest that you refrain from such "jokes" again, because you will get yourself reported quicksmart!
Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Get bloody fair dinkum, it was very funny and in excellent taste.

Although not as funny, I must admit, as your joking threat to report me.Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

I have accessed the forums many times on my android using Chrome and not had this issue. Consider downloading the Chrome app and see if that changes things. I saved the link to my home screen so I didn't have to go through all the rigmarol to access next time in full view.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply