Why cant I find my eBay store when I use my mobile phone and the eBay app

When I type in the address of my eBay store to search for it using the app on my mobile phone I get a message saying 'No exact matchers found' This could be the reason for lack of sales, because if no one can see our store how can they buy from us. 

<Removed>

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

The postage has been calculated by Australia Post and is wrapped with layers of bubble wrap as well as cardboard to protect it from damage.There is a small fee for insurance. As for the clock radio it is sold as is and no on is forced to purchase it.
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Anything under $50 is not worth insuring, as AP will normally compensate you for loss, and they never admit to damaging items.

Thin paperbacks I post as letters, with clingwrap and, maybe, newspaper as protection. No complaints yet.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

We can see that you're posting small letter rate items with $5.20 postage - obviously $1 postage + $4.20 registered.

We understand that you are trying to follow eBay's guidelines and post with tracking, but we can say from experience that many buyers just won't pay that amount for postage of small items.

We send most of our items untracked, and don't have too many problems.

If buyers spend a larger amount, especially with multiple purchases, we generally pay for registered post ourselves.

Otherwise we take a punt that our buyers are honest, and that Australia Post does their job.

We don't have many items go missing, so we're prepared to take the risk.
Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

@upthearts6 wrote:
The postage has been calculated by Australia Post and is wrapped with layers of bubble wrap as well as cardboard to protect it from damage.There is a small fee for insurance. As for the clock radio it is sold as is and no on is forced to purchase it.

No, the postage has been calculated by you. Take the phone cards. They are the same size as a playing card. Even if they were wrapped in bubble wrap and carboard to protect it from damage, the most it's going to cost you is $6 sending it registered. Buyers aren't stupid. They have a grasp on what postage costs. They know that buying a phone card the size of a playing card isn't going to cost $12.30. Even sent as a parcel, it's only $8.30 The only way AUst Post would come up with those figures would be if you were fudging the weight and dimensions.

I sell items that are greater than 20mm, but under 500g. I use eBay postage which costs $7.55. If I used standard postage, it would be $8.30. If I charged $12.30, I wouldn't be at all surprised if buyers dinged my stars and even left bad feedback.

You've sold 3 items in the last 3 months. If you can't accept the advice offered from long term, experienced sellers, then that's your loss. You'll be paying monthly store fees with absolutely no return. I list items to sell. I don't list items to repeatedly relist month after month because I think buyers *should* be paying so much, when in actual fact, they wouldn't pay it in a million years. If you want to keep throwing money at eBay for no return, that's your business, but I certainly won't be doing that.

You can leave your ridiculous postage costs, but don't be surprised if you don't sell anything. I set postage as it is with a bit extra to cover handling costs. I don't try to gouge buyers. Because of that, I have buyers coming back for more. Remind me again how often you have return buyers? Remind me again how long you've been paying nearly $30/mth for your store without selling anything?

Edit: As for the clock radio, sure, no-one is forced to purchase it, but I can tell you now, with postage costs of between $41 and $85, no one would buy it even if it was the item they had searched years for. You need to realise that buyers aren't idiots, despite you maybe thinking otherwise. I can buy the same item out of America or England for way less, with way less postage. You're going to be your own worst enemy. Don't come crying to us when your stuff isn't selling.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply