can't verify bank account

hi, I haven't been on eBay for quite some time, I've come back on over the weekend and already sold an item. but I'm being told my money is being held as my account details need to be updated. I've tried over 40 times to verify my account. I've signed in countless times and am continuously met with a prompt saying i need to speak to a live representative, but when i click the link, nothing happens. So i try the micro-deposits, and am met with an error message. this is super frustrating, why can't i just use my PayPal account like i use to? I'm happy to use my normal banking, but this is a nightmare just trying to connect it. Please help me, as the reason I'm selling stuff is that I'm desperate for money, and don't have have to keep waiting for what I'm owed. 

please help, and thank you in advance. Cayde. 

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: can't verify bank account

You need to do the full registration and supply a passport or drivers license.

The new Managed Payments has been in place since July 2020 and there would have been emails about it as well as a banner in your selling hub. 

When you register, everything will need to match exactly, so your bank account will need to be in the same name as your registered Ebay details and passport info, for example.

Ebay will keep your money for around 30 days regardless, since you are an infrequent seller. You will need to send everything with tracking and/or signature if over $750. 

I would highly suggest you end your current listing until you get sorted out.

Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

I do hope you realise that the BINs on your auctions will disappear as soon as one bid is put on them.

As Jelly said it would be best to end all of your listings until you have your Managed Payment details sorted out.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

That's ur uggested option for me, too. I have looked for a cancellation of listing but cannot find it. Just too many screens to learn about!

Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

Having the exact same issue, eBay cannot resolve either hopeless

Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

I verified my bank account when the manage payments thing started awhile ago. I have been selling stuff with no issues, got on last night to find a big red banner telling me I need to verify my bank account so payments on hold till then. I put in my account details after a few tries and then when it got to the end it asked me to put in my old account details to verify itโ€™s me. I never changed anything, itโ€™s still the same account Iโ€™ve been using for the last 17 years on EBay. And after three tries it locked me out now I have to go through the micro deposits process which takes up to 3 days. Sounds like Iโ€™m going to have issues with that too. Has anyone else had to redo this again recently?

Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I cannot help you I have been having the same problem with ebay using the same bank a/c etc.  I have come here hoping someone can help - very annoying

Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

Same issue. Trying to collect after selling on eBay Australia. 

Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

Do you mean sold on another account?

You only have one sold item on this account you're posting with, from yesterday so those funds will not be released for a month yet

How long ago did you complete sign up to Managed Payments and get the go ahead from eBay you can start selling?

Even if PayPal was still in play for sellers, rather than Managed Payments, you would still have a hold on your funds since you have not sold for over a year, so, like everyone would be considered a 'new' seller by ebay

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

jasjiem
Community Member

Having the exact same issue, eBay support are completely useless and have no idea how to rectify the situation other than suggesting I open a brand new bank account to try and get my money (lol)

Message 10 of 30
Latest reply