eBay and FlyBuys - scam or genuine?

I wasn't sure where to post this - I chose 'Technical Issues' but feel free to move it if moderators feel necessary.

This morning I received an email (from eBay) about linking my eBay account to my FlyBuys account. There was a link in the email, but I decided to be cautious and go directly to my eBay and FlyBuys bookmarks. I logged into both sites/accounts, but neither of them mention any such scheme. Is this genuine or a phishing scam?

I hava attached a screenshot of the email.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I felt the same - but just logged into flybuys and looked at offers - it is there -  so it is Genuine - specifies first 100,000 applicants will get it - perhaps thats why it isnt very visible on the fly buys website.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I also received the email this afternoon after I posted my first answer.

I logged into my flybuys account and it was definitely there so I linked my accounts.

It is marginally better than the original short term link I used some time ago but it is still only 1 point per $2 spent and takes 4 weeks for the points to appear.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I would treat it as genuine.....in the past I was able to use my flybuys card when buying on ebay but it was a long drawn out process with the points not being allocated for nearly a month and I only got something like 1 point for every $3 spent.

It had to be done through the flybuys site.

This does sound like an easier option but I am still not sure that I would bother.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I felt the same - but just logged into flybuys and looked at offers - it is there -  so it is Genuine - specifies first 100,000 applicants will get it - perhaps thats why it isnt very visible on the fly buys website.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I also received the email this afternoon after I posted my first answer.

I logged into my flybuys account and it was definitely there so I linked my accounts.

It is marginally better than the original short term link I used some time ago but it is still only 1 point per $2 spent and takes 4 weeks for the points to appear.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Thank you lyndal and e-frenzy for your responses. Smiley Happy Heart

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply