"This item isn't available in the requested quantity. It may have been purchased already............

I was told by ebay to be added to exempt list by the seller after experiencing errors adding to cart / purchasing, trying on browser and app. https://www.ebay.com.au/bmgt/ExemptBuyers

It did fix my issue I think as I added it to my cart while waiting for the seller to come back on 1st of January however it seems to be doing it again, I waited until today to purchase but it says:

"This item isn't available in the requested quantity. It may have been purchased already, or the listing has expired." (also when I click buy another)  and when adding to cart again it says:

"The item you've selected wasn't added to your cart."

Frustrating issue as I really want Asahi and to purchase this all the time if I can as I was doing at the end of 2022 for a few months.
I will contact ebay again and tell them I was added to the exemption list as well because having to keep adding me is a hassle also if that's the case.

At first I thought I had been blocked by seller until ebay gave me the exempt list link but that would've only been for one item, the case of 24 Asahi cans as I've been purchasing other stuff from the same seller.

I'm here now because I tried contacting ebay but I get this:

We are currently not available.

Sorry we missed you. Please try another contact channel, or feel free to try again later.

(Just used the help & contact account > restrictions & suspensions cause that's how I got them to reply before using chat.)

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: "This item isn't available in the requested quantity. It may have been purchased already...

Why not buy online from a liquor store?

For example, Dan Murphy's sells Asahi and will ship it to you.

I don't understand why people want to buy every day alcohol on Ebay?

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Re: "This item isn't available in the requested quantity. It may have been purchased already...

Have you done the price comparison?

For facts, Asahi is $66 from Victoria with a few dollars off if you can use a voucher which I have been using a lot plus $5 off every month from Ebay since I got the membership cheap during promo period. Free shipping.

Also you can use Afterpay but Zippay doesn't allow you to purchase alcohol.

Here in NSW Asahi is $80 + $10 delivery cause I don't have a car.

I don't understand why people can't be really helpful, I posted in the community when I read in a post that you could get more help by posting in the community however I don't think that is true for my case and it looks like you have nothing else to say but get angry the fact I use Ebay for alcohol and trying to suggest ways around it when it's more expensive.

If I buy alcohol here in my area it's going to be Oettinger which is usually $59 and $69 if they deliver within 1 hr which they've been getting faster so I don't get $10 off next purchase anymore.

Once I bought Hollandia because it was the same price, same % of alcohol.

Asahi is 5% but still not worth $30 more.

I honestly have no idea why I should reply to you, you've just made me really angry.

But there you go, I hope you stand corrected or live in denial, whatever.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

You've really upset me because I knew I should maybe not mention alcohol because the whole conversation will become about alcohol and not about the issue I'm having purchasing an item.

I predicted a stupid reply like yours and that's all I have, so thanks for confirming that you're predictable and very annoying.

Got nothing helpful to say? want more facts or something?

Where's this conversation going to end up now? How much do I earn?

That's absolutely none of your business. Move on.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Which Asahi are you buying?

Looking at BWS shows $53 for a case of 24x330ml SuperDry + $10 delivery in NSW

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Want more facts?

I use BWS cause it's local and other stores near me don't have Asahi plus if they did it would probably be more expensive, so that's where I got my prices.

Dan Murphy is up in Sydney and they cost $70 for 24 Asahi cans but that's membership price, non-member is $70.99 and also the delivery costs $9.90 for standard.

That's still going to be $20 more. 

Also, they don't use afterpay option and if I need it on the day within the hour I'd rather use my local store which is what I do if I'm waiting for shipping.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

500ml 

What else you want?

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Hello,everyone. To be respectful is very important in your interaction with other members here. I'd like to remind you that content that is harmful, hostile, threatening, abusive, baiting, vulgar, defamatory, harassing, or includes hate or racist speech, name calling, or profanity will be edited or removed.  Please read about our policy here: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Feedback/Updates-coming-to-eBay-com-au-Discussion-Boards/... Thanks very much. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

That's why I didn't use vulgar language or insults, instead called a comment stupid because it was.
Is that not allowed?

is saying I'm angry at a stupid reply against the rules?

Am I bullying the person who was angry in the first place?

No.

Can you direct your moderation towards the people who are actually not helpful?

I feel like I'm being harassed. did you edit or remove anything I said? No?

Why are you trying to tell me the rules I already know?

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Ok, I'm sorry for getting upset but it's not the solution I needed.

I did mention how I predicted the conversation to be about alcohol and if I posted this without saying what I'm buying I feel I could've avoided this topic of not solving my issue but I just wanted to be honest what I'm buying, turns out being too honest gets me into trouble such as conversation I wanted to avoid that I foresee.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply