why do I have to repeatedly sign in to revise an item today, is there a glitch ?

ebay tells me to sign in, I do, tells me to sign in, I do,  what is this glitch that is ongoing?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: why do I have to repeatedly sign in to revise an item today, is there a glitch ?

so many 'glitches' now, I'm losing my mind!

What browser are you using? Do you regularly clear your cookies & cache?

If all else fails try another browser, or log onto .com site & see if everything works from there.....good luck
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Re: why do I have to repeatedly sign in to revise an item today, is there a glitch ?

Today is freaky friday.

eBay site maintenance, strange things happen then correct themselves a few hours later.

image host
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

General suggestions for those encountering problems:

Disabling ad blockers, pop-up blockers, script blockers or other privacy tools on the sign-in or verification page or other error-prone pages can sometimes help; many of those have settings that can interfere with verification. You may be able to turn them back on once you have signed in and updated your eBay cookies.

In some cases, pages load better with an ad blocker or script blocker, though.

If you are using Firefox, try disabling Enhanced Tracking Protection on eBay using the shield icon to the left of the page address.

If you are able to sign in using a private or incognito browser window, that might indicate a problem with a corrupt or blocked cookie. Try erasing just your eBay cookies manually in that case.

If you are routinely clearing all your cookies, you will likely have to go through verification again each time you sign in.

Or try a different browser -- preferably the latest version of a popular browser that you do not normally use and one that has no add-ons or extensions installed.

Check your browser for updates here:

https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

If there is an alternative link or path to whatever function you are trying to use, see if that works better for you. You might try using the eBay app, or signing in to ebay.ca to read your messages, for instance. If you are using a mobile device, try using a desktop browser instead, or vice versa.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

still happening.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Gosh what a great response I'll study it and try those, it's been happening couple of weeks now.   Thank you.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

It's called a login loop and usually clearing cache and cookies fixes it. Just make sure you clear them for all time, not just the last month. Sometimes with Chrome, you may have to repeat the process a few times, even though you haven't created any new ones. Check for browser updates too, because sometimes these things can occur if there is an update, especially Chrome.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Try using a different link.

Instead of the "Sell" link at the top of the page, try the "Selling" link that appears under My eBay.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you, that's the only way I go on to ebay , through MyEbay, thank you.

It seems to happen every time I want to revise,  or even see Saved Sellers.

Something not right.

Cleared my cookies.

still happens. 

Grrrr.

Appreciate your time and reply, very kind, thanks.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply