Ebay Concealing Auction Items Until Bids Made For Identical Later Ending Ones

I listed two identical items for auction on Ebay. One ended Friday, the other two days later on Sunday.  Ebay put a message on the Friday item saying it would be concealed from buyers until someone bid on the Sunday item! Just crazy! At the time I had one watcher on the Friday item and two watchers on the Sunday item. The Friday item could expire with no bids before anyone bids on the Sunday item. Can anyone explain how smothering legitimate auction listings helps sellers or makes money for Ebay? (not to mention PayPal!)

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Ebay Concealing Auction Items Until Bids Made For Identical Later Ending Ones

Hi lyndal1838,

Just for an update, as at Monday 17-12-2014 at 8.49 am Queensland time, no-one from Ebay's responded to my message to them last Wednesday.

I did get a rather humorous message from them after the Friday-ending auction finished with no bids (surprise, surprise!) telling me my item hadn't sold, and suggesting I relist wth a lower starting price to improve my chances!

Cheers, Norm

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Ebay Concealing Auction Items Until Bids Made For Identical Later Ending Ones

If you mean you emailed ebay then I am not surprised that you have not had a reply.

Why do you think I said to ring them?

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply