HAS EBAY INCREASED THEIR LISTING FEES !!!

HAS EBAY INCREASED ITS SELLING LISTING FEES?????????????, I JUST TRIED TO RELIST AN ITEM I DIDNT SELL LAST WEEK BY TRYING TO LIST IT AS " SELL A SIMILIAR ITEM OPTION" AND ITS TWICE THE PRICE TO LIST THE ITEM FROM LAST WEEKS PRICE???

IE LAST WEEK EXACTUALLY SAME ITEM , EXACTUALLY SAME LISTING OPTIONS IT COST $1.40 ..........YET THIS WEEK AFER THE ITEM DIDNT SELL I TRIED TO LIST IT AGAIN , ALL EXACTUALLY SAME LISTING OPTIONS AND NOW EBAY IS TRYING TO CHARGE ME $3.00 TO LIST IT , THATS OVER A 100% INCREASE IN LISTING FEE , WHATS GOING ON , ANYONE KNOW?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I'm not sure what's going on with your listing, but I have the same problem on a couple of my accounts whereby it is more expensive to list something of the same price, depending on the account I use.

You could email ebay and ask, they are usually quite prompt with replies

Hope it works out for you.

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away, and you have their shoes too.
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I don't know about the listing fees, but I do know that the final value fees have more than doubled for me. If you do not have a eBay store, you are paying a 10% fee on your total sale and that includes the amount you charge for shipping. If you do have at least a eBay basic store that costs $15.00 a month, you pay a 9% final value fee.
I sell Bernina embroidery/ sewing machines on eBay. Been doing this for the past 12 years. My total listing fees for a $2,800.00 plus sale were around $120.00 per machine back on April. The price increase went into affect sometime in June I believe. Selling just one machine a week, my normal eBay fees were once around 450.00 a month. It had been that way for many years. This past month I sold 4 Berninas, one machine a week, my eBay is billing me just over $1,000.00 for selling those four machined. If I were getting the machines that I sell for free, well I would be making good money, but as with any business, that is not the case. I pay a premium to get in nice machines, then I do all of the service work, cleaning and testing before they are listed. eBay is now getting $550.00 more a month from me basically taking about half of what I once made as the profit margin is very slim. If I were to sell 52 machines in a years time, one a week, eBay will end up making over $13,000.00 and I will end up with about $10,000.00. It has gotten to the point where eBay is making more than I do, and I am the one doing all of the work!!
Sorry for rambeling on, but at 55 years old I have invested the past 12 years and lots of money in my business and I am so upset about this fee increase that I don't know what to do.
Trust me, from what I am reading on the Internet about this major fee increase, there are many others just as upset as I am.
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I don't know what eBay's problem is but I qualify for the 40 free listings every month. I have just relisted 28 items and find I have been charges $42.00 listing fees! WT???? Smiley Mad

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

@bushvideo wrote:
I don't know about the listing fees, but I do know that the final value fees have more than doubled for me. If you do not have a eBay store, you are paying a 10% fee on your total sale and that includes the amount you charge for shipping. If you do have at least a eBay basic store that costs $15.00 a month, you pay a 9% final value fee.

this is eBay Australia Message Board,  you and your comments refer to ebay USA fees, we have a different structure here in Aussie.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Sorry about that. I just did a web search to see what others were saying about the fee increase and I found this message board. I had no idea that it is a Non USA message board.
I do hope things are better on your side of the world.
Thanks so much for pointing out my mistake.
Bill
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

I just sold a bike on ebay for $800 and paid $80 in fees. I think this is outrageous. I know I  have sold bikes in the past n( one a year) and it hasnt cost that much. to make it worse I got a **bleep** price.  10% selling fee is a joke, I simply won't sell anything anymore on ebay.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Well i'm in ebay australia and i just paid 10% so don't try and pretend we pay less. I can't beleive the fees!  At what point does ebay say enough profit from doing nothing but providing the forum for the sale??  Ripped Off

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Just before you commit a listing, you get told what the fee will be if it sells. It's quite prominent.

Try an garage sale. Admittedly you probably won't get the same price as you have a reduced market, but even though your profit will undoubtedly be less, you won't have to pay sales fees.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

You think thats bad when you workout the postage for your winning bidder and they pay the full amount into PayPal they take there % including the postage fee that we don't get.

Example sell an item for $514.90 eBay fees 9.9%=$50.97 Winning Bidder Pays $528.30 including postage to PayPal they take there 2.4%= $12.98 of the full amount this means we only get $464.35 of the Total amount and then we pay more on when we post the item.

WHAT TA?  RIP OFF PLUS........ 

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply