Linking Paypal and Ebay accounts

When purchasing today I was asked if I wished to link these accounts.I've never been asked before so I'm not sure if I did the right thing by saying OK? Are there any pitfalls/ advantages in doin this?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Linking Paypal and Ebay accounts

cq_tech
Community Member
I'm far more curious as to how you've been able to sell on eBay if your eBay & Paypal accounts aren't already linked, in which case I don't really understand your question. Who actually asked you if you wished to link your accounts, and under what circumstances was the question asked?
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I was purchasing "Buy it now" (it looked lkie a UK ebay as amounts were advertised in pounds) when i went to pay via Paypal, the question appeared. I agree that it was strange that this question was directed to me as I do sell on eBay.

Is this unique in that I was directed to the UK site?

Thanks for your interest.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I wouldn't have thought so as I often buy from the UK and when I pay in UKยฃ, Paypal automatically perform the conversion and take out the correct amount in A$. It has always been this way.

If you were able to pay for the item anyway without your linking the accounts, I'd just ignore the question, but if you have to answer "yes" before it will let you pay, I really can't see a problem in doing so as your accounts are already linked.

If in doubt, you can give Paypal a ring on 1800 073263 up until 10pm tonight and I'm sure they'll be able to explain to you exactly what happened and why, if only to set your mind at ease.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Not sure if the UK is the same but on ebay.com you can have your eBay account PayPal account linked in checkout so that it is one click to complete payment, you don't need to actually login to PayPal for each payment. You can link and unlink it at any time.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply