Updating account details

Hey peoples!  Received this email and it's also in my messages in my ebay account.  Is it genuine or have I been hacked??

Please update your account details now to ensure all your live listings continue.

eBay now manages the end-to-end selling experience on our marketplace, including payments. All sellers are required to register for the new payments experience in 2021.

ahol1969_0-1623033062435.gif

ahol1969_1-1623033062467.png

ahol1969_2-1623033062431.gif

We’ve noticed that you have not yet updated your account details for the new Payments experience which means you are no longer able to revise or relist existing listings. Because you have not registered, we've disabled your ability to revise or relist existing listings, or create new listings. We want to get you back to selling as usual, with all the added benefits of the new payments experience. Please update your details today to continue selling. If you do not register by 9 June, we may remove all your live listings. eBay will require all sellers to register for the new payments experience in 2021.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Updating account details

It is genuine and it is about Managed Payments. If you don't register and update your details, you won't be able to sell...

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Updating account details

imastawka
Honored Contributor

As an aside....please correct your listing for Skechers....there's no  t  in the spelling and it won't turn up in anybody's searches.

Also a good idea to put the size in the heading.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Updating account details

Looking at their listings, they seem to be on Managed Payments already.

Ahol, maybe you need to verify your details?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Updating account details

I had the same message within the last week.

I had a look at it and it was for the Managed Payments... which I had done in February.

The message quickly disappeared. I have no idea why people are getting this message when already on the new system.

Yes, it is a genuine message.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Updating account details

I thought it was a classic hacker attempt too it takes you straight to Put in your drivers licence details and then wants bank details. Sus as bags!

If Ebay wanted people to be suspicious they did it the right way

I spent ages trying to find out if it was real or not!

Why should i need to put in details when they have them ALL already?

Im still uncertain and ive been on ebay for 25 years+ sold thousands of things and bought.

Im having a look around seems a few other options now

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply