managed payments, eBay must be crazy if they think i am going to give out my banking pass word

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

managed payments, eBay must be crazy if they think i am going to give out my banking pass word

No, they actually think you are intelligent enough to know, or at least figure out, how the verification process works,  and to change your password after the account is verified if, if you have any concerns with the process.

Plus you will find there is a means to bypass the password process

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

5kazam
Community Member

After reading on one of the threads that eBay accessed funds from someone's unlinked account, I will not be signing up to MP until I can open an account with a different bank.  One account only, so there is no risk of that happening.

Today I ended all items on both my eBay accounts - just on the off-chance that I got that occasional sale -  which would mean that, as at this time I refuse to sign up, I wouldn't be paid.

I've got 2 months of those items sitting in unsold to sort things out, and hopefully, eBay may sort itself out before then.

I'm quite sure there will be comments of 'eBay won't miss you, blah, blah'.  That's fine, your prerogative. 

But it's also mine to not 'sign' a virtual document when I disagree with its conditions.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I read that same post, and a totally stand alone account for eBay makes perfect sense, no see ya later from me, you are being proactive and smart kazam

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Ive never posted here before.im a small seller and i was filling out this managed payments but they want my password and everything.its like they want to take it completey over.im not a business so rambling on about percentages and stuff dosent mean much to me.ebay is the only place i sell and i feel like ill be losing that.i dont think ill be selling for much longer somehow

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Hi - never posted on community ebay before, but would love to hear why the proposed changes are a benefit (to me) or even worth changing to (for any reason). I love using ebay (a very small seller) but buy a lot (at least quite a few) of the available items every year. In other words , a typical non business user, low turnover.  Been a member for many years.

My problem with the proposed changes is that it's a "my way or the highway" approach. Reluctantly, I'm taking the highway. I refer to proposed ebay changes;  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnwhJxcYuLU

Good on ebay for changing their business model to get them though these hard covid times. I hope they are still very successful.  I am firmly not prepared to share extra personal details as requested by ebay under the new changes...so my loss.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

radali3
Community Member

Why on earth do they need Govt ID, drivers licence and nationality??  Do they need bloods as well???

This is ridiculous. Bye Bye Ebay......Hello Gumtree and Marketplace

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

My bank told me to never disclose my password to anyone under no circumstance ,

even the bank will not ask for it ,or the government ,tax department ,this is the only time other than a scammer have I been asked for my password, I have given eBay permission to deduct from my account the monthly fees,is,not that good enough ,seems not,if the FBI,and White House can be hacked why not e bay ,even the aust gov were hacked,more than once ! Some details should never be shared ,passwords,drivers licence,passport details,any in the hands of hackers can do a lot of damage to your reputation,personally and financially 

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Just to be clear, no one is being forced to do anything.

You provide the info and doc's that eBay want if you want to continue to sell on this platform.

If you choose not to - then you find another platform (most of which will still require the information to prove your identity).

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply