refunds on ebay

with the new policy on ebay re refunds,if the buyer gets a refund,does the seller get their item back before the buyer is refunded?and who pays all the postage costs?also ebay is going abit overboard as they are only a place for the public to buy and sell,bit like the local newspaper but they dont offer refunds.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

refunds on ebay

If a mutual cancellation is agreed to FVF will be credited back.

A refund should not be given till the item is returned so if a refund is given and the item is not returned then call ebay as to refund without return of item unless seller is ok with it should not happen.

If an item is returned then the seller and buyer have had to pay a postage each.

I guess it will be a case of waiting till it is all going and see what stuff ups are to be had by ebay in how they will do things.

Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

refunds on ebay

The sad thing is the buyer could send you a bag of rocks and keep the item and paypal will refund there money because they have provided a return tracking #.Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

refunds on ebay

Wrong.

If the seller takes the packing and the item to the police and gets a police report then paypal will return the money to the seller.

If you do not get back what was sent to the buyer you need to call paypal and tell them straight away.

Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

refunds on ebay

Wrong,

do tell me how the police would know what was in the returned package.Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

refunds on ebay

If in doubt, customer returns should always be opened at the PO upon receipt, in front of a postal employee so that if the contents are not as expected, you then have an unbiased third party as a witness.

We used to do that in the old days of on-line transactions via COD as some dodgy sellers would send the buyer half a brick instead of a $300 item, and that way we had a reliable witness as evidence against the seller if it went to court.
Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

refunds on ebay

so effectively ebay/paypal are offering the buyer a 6month gurantee on their purchase, at the sellers expense? after all isnt it when you buy at auction in Australia there is no gurantees?

Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

refunds on ebay

I think 6 months is a bit rich ,  if you purchase any second hand items , lets say for a example a part from a wrecking yard you are lucky to get a 3 month warranty . What about Gum Tree Ebays other site you dont have this on there . There is also Vinnys , Salvos , Markets and Auctions there policy is BUYER BEWARE  . This is a bad move for sellers and i think very easy for buyers to muniplulate the system . And dont tell me it is because it may take over 30 days for a overseas dilivery because if it take this long then there is something wrong with either the seller taking too long to post or the buyer not declaring its arrival ./ I have posted items all over the world and just the other week i sent a item to Germany and it only took 6 days to arrive . There is going to be people that say the law states that any goods sold in Australia have to have a warrenty of some type but good luck with that and all this will do is have sellers moving on to other sites or back to the good old days of Garage Sales and Markets . Then on the other hand if you do the right thing then you dont have anything to worry about Except dishonest buyers !.

Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

refunds on ebay

Thinking it will become a big problem with dodgy buyers.

6 months gaurantee is way way too steep.

I've had buyers complain after 2 months that something broke and demand

their money back etc etc....this on RC toys... wonder how ebay and paypal

conficting as both make the offer of this 6 month payback will deal with this.

Will the sellers be loosing out....me thinks so.

There was nothing wrong with the old system.

Why did they change it?

And some products have 2 years warranty or more, the warranty is dealt with by

the seller and suppliers as per normal trade, if Ebay n Paypal jump in

and interfere with standard fair trading laws whats going on with that??

The laws state the shop gets to repair the product or replace it and if its

damaged or worn by use then its the customers damage and is then

a different case all together. Only if under significant un-customer

contributed use fault is the product able to be demanded a refund.

And its to be dealt with through department of fair trading.

Ebay and Paypal are possibly breaching fair trading rules.

Do we then seek department of fair trading rulings against ebay n paypal?

If they wish to do this then they need to reduce their fees so we can

accomodate this into our profits as we will be losing cash to dodgy customers.

Or we need to be able to do feedback on customers.

So a history of customer abuse can be seen.

Guessing we will see the first wave of these effects this Xmas, b too late for some

that sell a lot of low profit high value items on ebay/paypal tho.

Me, I'm putting up my prices until it sorts itself out.

And raising freight

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

refunds on ebay

lol, just noticed that the seller has to pay the return postage as well and does not get the FVF refunded either.
Message 10 of 30
Latest reply