Have just been introduced to managed payments,seems daily payments aren't really daily. Anyone else?

My account just transferred to managed payments. I have opted in for daily payments so I can use funds to pay for postage. HOWEVER, daily does NOT mean daily. Had an interesting discussion with ebay this morning and it seems that daily CAN mean 2-5 business days before you get your funds. Weekly is paid every Tuesday to your nominated account, but daily DOES NOT mean daily. It can take up to 5 business days, which to me is just the same as weekly, IS IT NOT? I asked the ebay person to submit to me where sellers are advised of this fact, as nowhere had I read at any point before I opted in, that this would be the case. He advised that it is not written anywhere, it JUST IS the way it is done. So may I ask, why have the option if there is really no option at all? Does anyone else have concerns with managed payments? My fees have gone up already!!!! Ebay tried to tell me that paypal had the $0.30 processing fee built in to their fee structure, which is total **bleep** as paypal ONLY charged a $0.30 fee when you processed a refund, not on every transaction. Ebay now have this fee + final value fees which have increased 0.50% or more. So more fees AGAIN. Also, by opting into managed payments, I would never have to pay listing fees again, but I noticed they were charging me. I brought this to their attention, and WHOA!! it immediately stopped. Had I not noticed, how long would it have gone on for?

For all you sellers out there please give me your thoughts on managed payments because as far as I can see they are not very well managed.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Have just been introduced to managed payments,seems daily payments aren't really daily. Anyone e

have a look at multiple threads on the Selling board:

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/bd-p/2500000010

and the Powerseller's board:

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/PowerSellers/bd-p/2600000009

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Re: Have just been introduced to managed payments,seems daily payments aren't really daily. Anyone e

@wifeofsteptoe wrote:

My account just transferred to managed payments. I have opted in for daily payments so I can use funds to pay for postage. HOWEVER, daily does NOT mean daily. Had an interesting discussion with ebay this morning and it seems that daily CAN mean 2-5 business days before you get your funds. Weekly is paid every Tuesday to your nominated account, but daily DOES NOT mean daily. It can take up to 5 business days, which to me is just the same as weekly, IS IT NOT? I asked the ebay person to submit to me where sellers are advised of this fact, as nowhere had I read at any point before I opted in, that this would be the case. He advised that it is not written anywhere, it JUST IS the way it is done. So may I ask, why have the option if there is really no option at all? Does anyone else have concerns with managed payments? My fees have gone up already!!!! Ebay tried to tell me that paypal had the $0.30 processing fee built in to their fee structure, which is total **bleep** as paypal ONLY charged a $0.30 fee when you processed a refund, not on every transaction. Ebay now have this fee + final value fees which have increased 0.50% or more. So more fees AGAIN. Also, by opting into managed payments, I would never have to pay listing fees again, but I noticed they were charging me. I brought this to their attention, and WHOA!! it immediately stopped. Had I not noticed, how long would it have gone on for?

For all you sellers out there please give me your thoughts on managed payments because as far as I can see they are not very well managed.

What a load of rubbish.

Paypal charge 30c + 2.6% on every transaction.

If what you are saying is true, and it isn't, fees on a $10 sale would be 26c - they are 56c. For $20 it is 82c.

You might well have a beef about MP, but please try to stick to facts.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Wow, for a rising star store, there's not much of a handle happening on finances.

How could you not know about the 30c flagfall plus 2.6%?

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@wifeofsteptoe wrote:

My account just transferred to managed payments. I have opted in for daily payments so I can use funds to pay for postage. HOWEVER, daily does NOT mean daily. Had an interesting discussion with ebay this morning and it seems that daily CAN mean 2-5 business days before you get your funds.

If daily payments can mean 2-5 business days before you get your funds that would be because of the time your bank takes to process the funds.  Once you catch up with the 2-5 days you will still be getting your payments on a daily basis if you make a sale every day.

Weekly is paid every Tuesday to your nominated account, but daily DOES NOT mean daily.

Payments made every Tuesday are still going to take the same processing time so it will be 9-12 days for some of your payments to hit your bank account.

It can take up to 5 business days, which to me is just the same as weekly, IS IT NOT?

No it is not.....if the processing time is 2-5 days it will take that amount of time to process whether the payments are initiated every day or once a week.

I asked the ebay person to submit to me where sellers are advised of this fact, as nowhere had I read at any point before I opted in, that this would be the case. He advised that it is not written anywhere, it JUST IS the way it is done. So may I ask, why have the option if there is really no option at all? Does anyone else have concerns with managed payments? My fees have gone up already!!!! Ebay tried to tell me that paypal had the $0.30 processing fee built in to their fee structure, which is total **bleep** as paypal ONLY charged a $0.30 fee when you processed a refund, not on every transaction.

As others have pointed out....the 30cent fee is taken from your received payments and is not refunded if you do a refund.....you pay that amount to paypal/ebay with no refunds.

Ebay now have this fee + final value fees which have increased 0.50% or more. So more fees AGAIN. Also, by opting into managed payments, I would never have to pay listing fees again, but I noticed they were charging me. I brought this to their attention, and WHOA!! it immediately stopped. Had I not noticed, how long would it have gone on for?

Why the fuss.....not all sellers are on managed payments yet so you were charged fees by mistake.  You have admitted it stopped immediately you bought it to their attention.  How long might it have gone on for?  Only you can answer that!  As long as it takes you to check your account fees and point it out.

I have never heard of sellers having any trouble when they3 point out wrongly charged fees.....refunds are regularly initiated to correct the mistake.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply