Packages from Malaysia not purchased arriving at my address ?

Hi Ebay Community ,

I have recieved a package from some business that I had not ordered ?  The return address being  "Special Project Unit " Malaysia . I am concened as to how they got my Name , Address and phone number ?

Can anyone please enlighten me .

Have you recieved any unpaid packages from this establishment ? 

I am a little concerned how the obtained our information was it via ebay as we do not know who these people are that are sending the items as there is no other infomation except the return address qouted above ? Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Packages from Malaysia not purchased arriving at my address ?

Welcome to "Down Under"   original.gif

You're on the Australian boards, maybe you could plant 'em and your local DEA will indentify them for you.   true.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

Hi there!
I live in England and have just had the same thing happen?! It’s so weird!! Did you get charged anything for what you got? Mine looks like poppy seeds? But my imagination is telling me it has clearly come from an opioid poppy plant 😂
Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

@clairboulto_7 wrote:
Hi there!
I live in England and have just had the same thing happen?! It’s so weird!! Did you get charged anything for what you got? Mine looks like poppy seeds? But my imagination is telling me it has clearly come from an opioid poppy plant 😂

Plant them and see. You could potentially make a motza!!! You might never have to work again 😄 

Edited to add: Welcome to the land Down Under! upside down smiley.gif

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

It's all over the news that seeds are being sent around the world from "China" and that we should not plant them as they might contain biological contaminants. I received a package from Malaysia today. I never ordered them.
Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Have you bought anything from Asia.....China, Hong Kong, Malaysia etc?

It is not unusual for empty packaging to arrive from those areas......you need to check who the seller is and if your item does not arrive you can open a dispute.   But be sure to open a NOT AS DESCRIBED dispute (the package did not contain your item)

DO NOT open a dispute for item not received.....if the seller can provide tracking you will lose the dispute.

BTW....you would get more answers if you started a new thread.....many responders ignore these old threads.

?? Old threads get jumped on faster than a burger at a, well you know. 

If you want your comment to muster quick attention, an old thread will do it every time. I highly recommend it

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

I have received small white sponge definitely not ordered from same company in Malaysia Special Project Unit I am also concerned as to how they got me details including mobile phone number.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

You are posting on the eBay Australia community forum

I’d say since it is the same brushing scam, it works the same there as here

You are on the internet so of course your details are ‘out there’ 

Have a read through the many many posts here about brushing scams, or  Google them

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply