Reporting Excessive Postage Costs & Seller Tricks

Hi,

Can anyone help me please?

I have two issues I would like to report but am not sure what to choose in the drop down menu.

1.  I would like to report a seller for excess postage costs.  They are charging $12.95 to send a 12cm x 12cm greeting card.  The most it should cost is between $1.20 and $2.40.

2.  How can I report a seller for listing an item for $1.50 that is a different category from the other items listed.  For example, they are selling different colours, sizes & styles of a t-shirt ranging from $32-$38, but have listed a toothbrush for $1.50 so they can be at the top of the page.  They have even written (do not buy) in brackets next to the item.

These issues are really starting to peeve me and are discouraging me from buying on ebay, as I have to sift through all the BS sellers.

Thanks heaps for any replies. 😊💕

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Reporting Excessive Postage Costs & Seller Tricks

@aussiejunkanddisorderly wrote:

Hi,

1.  I would like to report a seller for excess postage costs.  They are charging $12.95 to send a 12cm x 12cm greeting card.  The most it should cost is between $1.20 and $2.40.

💕

A seller can charge whatever they choose for postage.   But you can decide to buy or not to buy.

They may be sending it as a tracked parcel,  I would be sending it as a tracked envelope which is somewhere around 5 or 6 dollars if I remember right (I buy in bulk).

No matter what they can charge $26.34 if they like,  either way they pay Ebay fee's on the full amount.

Not sure what you are reporting.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Be careful reporting competitors.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

My thoughts exactly 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

EDIT:  APOLOGIES FOR NOT EXPLAINING PROPERLY.

Regarding excessive postage, I forgot to write “For Example”, like I did in question 2.

I’m not wanting to report a competitor, I just used my items as an example.  The actual item I wanted was a $1 sticker that had $15.90 postage.  To be sure it wasn’t a satchel, I asked the seller how the item would be sent and they confirmed standard A4 letter with AustPost.  There was a time when eBay were asking buyers to report sellers who charged excessive postage, but I wasn’t able to find it again.  I was wondering if it was still around?

I totally get sellers can charge whatever they want for postage and I don’t have to buy.  Was just wondering if that option was still around.

If anyone can help with question 2 I would appreciate it al lot.  😊 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Q2 is variation listings which eBay allow. Pick your battles. This isn't one.

eBay charge their fees on the total transaction. They don't care what the item/postage breakdown is. Nor should you. Total price is what you should be looking at rather than trying to be outraged at any seller who doesn't meet your expectations.

Don't like, don't buy.

Simple

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Why don't you buy the toothbrush.   That will annoy them.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply