Returning Item to seller and getting refund

I recently bought a Pokemon card that turned out to be fake, buyer said no returns but was given the option to do so because Ebay stepped in.

I didn't use the tracking label provided by ebay, I used Express post with tracking by Auspost.

Put the tracking number in as requested. The package Has arrived to the seller. 

Does my refund depend on whether the seller says the package has arrived? How am I able to inform ebay that I'm legible for the refund now?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As I see it - you have paid yourself for return postage - the item is showing as delivered.

You've lost on the postage - but you have proof of return.

Get onto ' live chat ' with all this info.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

No returns only refers to 'change of mind' returns

The seller does not get a say otherwise, regardless of what the listing says 

Why did you not use the postage label provided?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Honeslty I don't know, it's my first time doing this type of thing. Assumed It would be a safe bet to trust the tracking on AusPost

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

The whole point of opening a dispute and getting a label is that the seller is responsible for the return postage and the number generated is what is used by Ebay to track it for the claim. All you had to do was print it, stick it on the parcel and take it to Aus Post.

It's not that the tracking can't be trusted, it's that you're now out of pocket for something that the seller is responsible for. Because tracking was generated by the seller, I'm no sure if you can now upload your own number, otherwise it will probably show as untracked and the seller may not be liable as you cannot "prove" a return.

Sellers cannot override Ebay policy - you are always entitled to raise a dispute for items that do not arrive or are not as described.

I have no idea if you will get a refund, but you've certainly lost on the postage and the seller has gained as they will not have to pay it now.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

As I see it - you have paid yourself for return postage - the item is showing as delivered.

You've lost on the postage - but you have proof of return.

Get onto ' live chat ' with all this info.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you all for your help, can confirm I was able to go through live chat and received my refund! 

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

You still paid for return postage, due to your paranoia.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Some make mistakes - not all use eBay for an ' income '.

The return postage is a lesson - the comment - an abuse.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply