Seller sent using different method as advertised

I bought an item advertised as sent via Australia Post + Signature.

Seller sent using Toll courier instead which is causing a lot of inconvenience for me as no one can be home to sign.

I know my local Australia Post is open until late so I can always go and pick it up after work.

For Toll courier its either Authority to Leave whereby I am taking the risk (item cannot fit in mailbox) or collect from the depot which is very far away.

Is this considered false advertising?

eBay customer service was not very helpful. Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seller sent using different method as advertised

Well hopefully it works out for you.

Not necessarily false advertising, it could be the seller has simply forgotten to revise some listings after changing carrier.

Lets hope they revise their listings after this event. Smiley Wink

image host

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

What was the seller's response when you contacted them on this ?

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Seller apologize and ask if I could ask Toll to redeliver and explained that with Australia Post the parcel will also get sent to local post office if there is a missed delivery.

I explained the difference in situation with Australia Post and asked if they could ask Toll to return the package to them and cancel the order to which I have not received any response so far.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Well hopefully it works out for you.

Not necessarily false advertising, it could be the seller has simply forgotten to revise some listings after changing carrier.

Lets hope they revise their listings after this event. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

We understand your frustration, but unfortunately can't offer any solution.

In our case it would be just as annoying as couriers don't deliver to us (we don't even get Australia Post parcel delivery, but are happy to pick them up from the local post office 25km away).

We wouldn't even know where the nearest courier depot was, but it would be at least 100km away & cost us in both fuel & a wasted day driving there & back.

So we only buy from sellers who are prepared to use Australia Post as an option, as would many other buyers for a number of reasons.

Hope you can work it out with the seller.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply