Unfair treatment from eBay with regards to account

Hi all,

I started a seller account with eBay a while back. After about 2 months, I requested for an increase in the selling limits (am on 50). eBay told me they couldn't do this because 'I was not in charge of my inventory'. Basically they said I was dropshipping. This came as a HUGE surprise to me because I had never drop shipped at all. I had/have all my items on me. I even have the receipts and all for all my items. But eBay kept insisting I was dropshipping. I asked them why they kept accusing me of that, and I offered to provide them photo eveidence of ALL my inventory including receipts. They didn't want to know. All they kept saying was that I was dropshipping. Later when fulfilling an order, I realised that I had not updated one of my addresses. I had shifted houses, and I forgot to update that address on ebay. So I thought perhaps that was the problem. I rectified it, then I called/chatted with them about what I thought the problem was. They said they were going to fix the issue and said I should wait for about a month to have the system clear out. I waited. A few months later, I ask them to increase the selling limits since what I thought was the problem had been rectified. But I was surprised to get the same response of dropshipping. They said, they had escalated the issue, but I never got any positive response. It is 4 months now and my inventory is rotting in my house. I have contacted ebay endless times, and they never help. They cannot tell me why they say I'm dropshipping because 'they can not reveal how their system works'. I am really frustrated as my store stopped ranking, I no longer make sales, and I can't increase my inventory. I am thinking of shifting to another marketplace for my products and where they have better customer care and they listen to their sellers better. I am wondering if anyone has ever faced this issue, and if so, what did you do. I decided to reach out to the community before closing my ebay account for another marketplace. I can't keep paying monthly fees for a store, put in so much time and money in my listings, and only end up with unfair treatment from ebay. If anyone has been in a similar situation, please help. Regards,

Arthur M

Message 1 of 65
Latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Re: Unfair treatment from eBay with regards to account

Some of us opt to pay the dead money for a store for branding and proper category purposes. Costs $27.45pm, saves $1pm

But not for those volumes.

Message 61 of 65
Latest reply

I doubt opening another store/account, will make any difference.

Firstly you can  not close an account until 6 months after your last sale.

Any new account  will be subject to the same restrictions, as it will be deemed as attempting to circumvent the current restrictions.

You really need to ascertain what the problem is and fix it, I doubt it is to do with artworks, as ebay permits them, even though they may be seen by buyers as screaming, china.

Is there any problems in your sales metrics, late shipment etc.

Message 62 of 65
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Some of us opt to pay the dead money for a store for branding and proper category purposes. Costs $27.45pm, saves $1pm

But not for those volumes.

Yes, but you have a good sell through rate, unlike the OP. For them, at the moment, it's a complete waste of money.

Message 63 of 65
Latest reply

flyoz
Community Member

Yes it really seems it is their way or the highway Time to end my 23 yr relationship with Ebay

Message 64 of 65
Latest reply

That is exactly what it is 

No need to tell other members you are leaving though, nothing to do with us 

And nothing to do with how long you have been a member, but how long since you last sold something and how regularly you sell

Just as you agreed to when doing listings 

You have no feedback as a seller at all on this account, so not sure why you would be under the impression what you agreed to would'nt really apply to you

Message 65 of 65
Latest reply