hi there, im new to ebay and i just got my first invoice i couldnt believe how much fee,s ebay take

is it worth selling here on ebay?  whats best  buy now or auction?  i just cant believe the fee,s  on auction a dress only sold for 4.75  total ebay fee,s 3.00  please help?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

hi there, im new to ebay and i just got my first invoice i couldnt believe how much fee,s ebay take

You have sold 43 items since mid October. Check in account what the fees are for.

eBay fees are 10.9% including postage, so on total invoice amount.

Best to start auctions at a price you are happy to sell at which should include fees.

That way it is free to sell on eBay.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Ebay fees are much better than paying rent on a shop.  The only fees I really object to are those on postage.  What I do, is pay the fees as I sell, so at the end of the day, if I sell $100 worth of goods, I go into Account Summary and pay Ebay their fees (One time payment) and then I go back into Paypal and take whatever is left for me.  That way you dont have a large monthly bill to pay and it isnt such a shock.

Good Luck!

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Maybe it's the $1.65 for the auction fee that bumped it up.

https://www.fees.ebay.com.au/feeweb/feecalculator

Start your auctions higher to cover this fee.

Or do BIN for a price you are happy to accept. 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

It's a bit of a shock sometimes. All those little amounts add up into one big amount.

Everyone is right though, you do need to tack on about 15%, from my experience so far,  to cover eBay and PayPal fees.

The cost of doing business and making your items readily available to buyers - pass it on.

Good luck.

Melina.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I see you have dumped the store and gone with auctions. Not necessarily smart. Clothes are a dime a dozen, so you're not going to get many bidding wars. Especially with no measurements.

Unless you want to continue getting your postage time stars hammered, you might try posting a bit quicker. No point offering express post and then not posting for a fortnight, regardless of what you have set your handling time to.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

It would be a good idea to stop giving positive feedback to buyers with negative comments, if the buyers report them you'll be the one in trouble.

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

At least 2 of those have enough experience to know the ropes...

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply