need to talk to someone from Ebay

How do I get in touch with someone from Ebay au?    Can't resolver problem with buyer who opened a 'request'.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: need to talk to someone from Ebay

If it's about the question you asked on the other board, don't bother, because you in a no-win situation.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling-on-eBay/buyer-won-t-answer-questions-about-her-address/qaq-...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Why?   Surely Ebay can see from their side, buyers who refuse to answer questions.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Calling eBay (even IF you could) will only result in eBay ruling in favour of the byer

As you know, no tracking = instant refund for the buyer once eBay knows about it

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

hibiscus -rose, you have most likely as good as lost this case.

All for the absence of proof of your buyer receiving it.

And most likely they have received it - hence no answer to your questions, And they know if they claim they will get their money back.

Did you know that no matter how correct address is - you can quite concievably loose every single one of your items if everyone was dishonest and claimed non receopt.

Did youalso know that some people only make a point of buying from sellers who post untrackable items for exactly that reason - they get the stuff for free as they know they can claim  and get their money back!

But - as you sell very cheap items and cheap postage for them - maybe it's more economicat for you to  lose some items and money than up the postage  to cover tracking. I would try with trackable post on few items and see how you go, if people are still buying  then change them all. The only way  to stop being cheated with fraud claims.

Good luck sweetie.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks to everyone for their advice.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

@hibiscus_rose wrote:

How do I get in touch with someone from Ebay au?    Can't resolver problem with buyer who opened a 'request'.

Hi. I'm also a Perth seller. Have you tried using the sml tracked envelopes (2.95 each) to post your jewellery in? Registering a standard letter isn't a great option anymore unless you need signature on delivery. I have used the prepaid tracked envelopes a lot. Provided your item is within the width allowance (.5 cm thick sml envelope, 2 cm thick allowable in the medium and lge envelopes). Sml $2.95 medium $4.95 large $5.95. You can protect the jewellery with a thin layer of foam padding and a cardboard casing. No tracking might be putting buyers off, because there's nothing wrong with your pricing. If you charge $2.95 as the actual cost and state in your description that postage includes tracking, you might see a surge in sales. That cheap sml tracked envelope has gained me sales I feel I wouldn't have otherwise made. You've mentioned more than one item can be posted for the same price which is perfect. Anyway, just my thoughts. All the best with your selling

https://auspost.com.au/sending/send-within-australia/compare-letter-services/letter-tracking

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Hi 11dustyattic

Out of all the messages I received, this is the best one!!   I've never heard of these envelopes.

I'll go to the post office tomorrow and ask about them, maybe purchase one or two.

Thank you again,

regards

hibiscus_rose

(Ann)

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

I went to the Post Office today and made enquiries.

The cheapest they have is $4.95.   The cheaper one only takes 5mm and I need them to take 20mm.   Thanks anyway.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

You can buy 10-packs of C5 from AP online for $47.00. They are a trial at this stage.

The PO should have the B4 individually for $5.95.

Both take up to 500g and 20mm thick.

Still cheaper than parcels.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply