10% discount voucher disappeared...

I received a 10% discount voucher a couple of days ago and was planning to use it for a purchase during the weekend. However today I discovered that it disappeared. Any idea why? Did eBay decide to cancel it?

On the terms and conditions it said the voucher will expire on the 24th of September...

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: 10% discount voucher disappeared...

No, they should NOT be deleted.

I had the Devil's own job of finding an answer to something a few days ago - and some of the older threads helped me immensely.

I should also point out that in a number of cases - mine included - it was the first time that I had used this Forum and while I don't necessarily agree with asking something on a thread that's been resurrected from the Ark, I can certainly understand why people do it.

Cheers

EDIT: oops that should have been directed @davewil1964

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

@tbt47 wrote:

No, they should NOT be deleted.

I had the Devil's own job of finding an answer to something a few days ago - and some of the older threads helped me immensely.

I should also point out that in a number of cases - mine included - it was the first time that I had used this Forum and while I don't necessarily agree with asking something on a thread that's been resurrected from the Ark, I can certainly understand why people do it.

Cheers

@EDIT: oops that should have been directed @davewil1964

You can direct anything you like at me, but my point is relevant, and I was not the one advocating deleting dead threads, just not resurrecting them.

So your point, as directed to me, is?

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Actually nothing - my bad and my apologies.

Fortunately I'm getting new glasses next week and I think in future I may confine myself to using the computer as well rather than an iPad when trying to reply to things. Either that or I just need to go to bed because I can't read things properly.

Sorry again.

Cheers

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

No worries.

I appreciate your apology. You're in the top 5% on that count alone.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

I had the same thing happen. I held off paying and kept reading heaps of threads about people having the same issue, hoping i'd find a result.

I was told to look in my ebay summary for a voucher section but there wasn't anything.

I ended up going on to another auction of the same product and copied the redeem code which seemed to work on mine. Only after paying for the item did I see a voucher section appear in myebay summary which showed that the voucher had been used. 

Seems there is a lag with it showing up after a an auction has finished.

My advice:

1. take note of the voucher code and copy it somewhere safe because it seems to disappear after the auction ends

2. if you forgot to take note, try copying one from another auction (worked for me because I think it was the same code details)

3. maybe give it some time before paying (half hour or so) so that it has time to appear in your summary.

hope this helps. happy bidding!

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

I doubt the OP's voucher is still valid after over five years.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

I bid on an Apple Watch series 4 44mm i copied the discount code voucher. And I got the message telling me that it was copied to my clipboard. When I went to check it out I clicked on the link and then tried to paste it. But it had disappeared. I won the bid by using the eBay sniper app. I could have bought a new watch for a much cheaper price. I’m so **bleep** of with that!!
Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

I had the experience. But couldn’t recover the code.
I bid on an Apple Watch series 4 44mm i copied the discount code voucher. And I got the message telling me that it was copied to my clipboard. When I went to check it out I clicked on the link and then tried to paste it. But it had disappeared. I won the bid by using the eBay sniper app. I could have bought a new watch for a much cheaper price. I’m so **bleep** of with that
Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Why would you set a high bid that is higher than you could buy the watch for?

The trick is to know your rices and never bid higher than the highest BIN price.

And never rely on discount vouchers unless you can see them just before you bid on an auction.

Most of the ebay offers have an expiry date or "while you can see them on ebay".   It is common for them to disappear early.

Discount offers have changed quite a bit since this thread was started....you need to keep up to date with the current terms.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply