48 Hours

Does anybody know how long ebays 48hrs is?. Does it include weekends and what  do you do if you hear nothing?, how much more time do you give before getting on the phone.

Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: 48 Hours

Well I just got a customer service reply on a Sunday afternoon after sending my concern on a Wednesday.

Mind you I am not on their most friendly customer list at the moment, I have been somewhat critical of some of the eBay/PayPal dealings of late (I am learning to be controled in my retoric).

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Can you clarify what the 48 hours is in relation to ?

If it is an offer made to a seller, you may get no response from the seller, if it is an eBay reponse after you contact them, it is classed as 2 full business days.

If you can expalin more, maybe someone here can assist you with your issue.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Cat, I think OP is referring to receiving an acknowledgement email, "We will respond within 48 hours".

And as you say, 2 business days.

image host
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

It is to do with a return, Seller accepted return and I expressed the Item back using the address suplied by ebay and then recieved an email from the seller with a different return address. I messaage back saying already posted and give tracking number. No response from seller. check tracking 2 days later and item has been refused and is now waitingfor collection in a LPO in Victoria,

I then got ebay involved explaind everything on the phone now there is a case open and ebay states will respond with a decision with in 24 hours.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Okay - if you have no response wihtin the 24 hours (remember business day - so first thing MONDAY) contact eBay again and ask demand to speak to a supervisor.

In future (and not sure if I will get into strife over this or not, and don't really care) but I would not be opening any claim in eBay other than NPB, go through paypal from start to finish.

IMO, the only people who have less idea how eBay works than we do are the one's they have answering the phones !!

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Took your advice greencat and phoned ebay, ruled in my favour will send confirmation email soon. All sounds great but still have no refund and there is a watch floating around in the post. I shall wiat and see what really happens.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

So I now have my money back but the item has also found its way back to me, ebay says because they supplied wrong address I keep both, I however do not feel comfortable doing this, it is not a cheap item. Does anyone know if this is common practice?. I am out about $15 for postage & packing plus a 60km round trip to the post office.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

It is possible that the buyer (you) may have received a discretionary payment and the seller is not then out of pocket for the return not arriving.

I am assuming that's what it is?

So you could ring Paypal (if that is how the payment was made) and ask if the seller was able to keep the money for the watch. If it bothers you. ๐Ÿ™‚

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply