A seller blocked me whoa ? I only asked for measurements of the garment? What the??

Wow... been a member for years here and asked a seller for measurements of a garment before bidding, no reply. So I decided to bid anyway and found I was blocked??? What is going on here??

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

A seller blocked me whoa ? I only asked for measurements of the garment? What the??

A similar thing happened to me a while ago. Seller not very helpful, probably want a quick sale.
Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

@lady_in_oz wrote:

Wow... been a member for years here and asked a seller for measurements of a garment before bidding, no reply. So I decided to bid anyway and found I was blocked??? What is going on here??

I think a couple of things might be behind it.

It's true a seller can block any ID for any reason, but usually you wouldn't expect to get blocked simply for asking a question about measurements.

It could be that the seller looked at your feedback. Most of it is positive, mind you, but the occasional neg & neutral seems to have been (quite often) about complaints about clothes & their quality or fit, so that may have put the wind up the seller.

But just as likely is they may have been worried to give exact measurements in case you came back at them for item not as described and claimed one of their measurements was out 1cm or whatever.

Or they may just not want to measure it, too much bother.

The most likely reason i think is they want a straightforward sale with no hassles, so anyone who asks anything at all or looks like putting them to the slightest effort is probably going to get blocked.

I wouldn't worry about it. A seller who ignores your messages is slack & rude & isn't likely to be a great help if things went wrong with a sale anyway so maybe you've dodged a bullet.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Generally, I only block for item-related reasons: if a potential buyer sends an offensively low-ball offer, or informs me that the item isn't worth anywhere near what I'm asking, or a buyer purchases then returns for change of mind / "I thought there'd be an article on Fred Nurk, but there isn't", etc. 

Non-paying bidders are an immediate block (in addition to being hit with an NPB strike), as are any who leave neutral / negative feedback.

So far as the forum goes, if someone pops up being borderline abusive / offensive, I'd possibly block them on the forum itself.

But blocking someone ostensibly because they asked for clarification on garment size is pretty poor form, and is definitely the sort of seller you'd be best off not dealing with anyway.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

@lady_in_oz wrote:

i think you should block him or her right back, that'll teach them.

like others are saying, its one of the few things sellers can still do freely, blocking someone for a reason only they know.

i hope we never lose this tool.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

You can't really block sellers, but you can create your own list of sellers you want to avoid.

It is indeed pretty poor to block someone for asking for measurements.

I assume the seller didn't have a measuring tape and because some of the neg fb the OP left was about size the seller just wanted to avoid a potential problem.

Sizes vary from brand to brand so sellers should always include measurements.

Maybe the OP asked exactly because in the past they had a problem with sizes.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

@papermoon.lady wrote:

You can't really block sellers, but you can create your own list of sellers you want to avoid.

It is indeed pretty poor to block someone for asking for measurements.

I assume the seller didn't have a measuring tape and because some of the neg fb the OP left was about size the seller just wanted to avoid a potential problem.

Sizes vary from brand to brand so sellers should always include measurements.

Maybe the OP asked exactly because in the past they had a problem with sizes.

i often block sellers who i fear may buy from me just so they can give me a poor feedback score in retalliation from my feedback.

no one here knows why this seller blocked the OP, but it doesnt really matter, they have the right to block anyone for any reason or no reason.

as buyers if we find ourselves blocked we just move along, no point belly aching, it serves no purpose.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply