A seller blocked me whoa ? I only asked for measurements of the garment? What the??

Wow... been a member for years here and asked a seller for measurements of a garment before bidding, no reply. So I decided to bid anyway and found I was blocked??? What is going on here??

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A seller blocked me whoa ? I only asked for measurements of the garment? What the??

You are dealing with the public, so expect anything.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Any eBay member can block anyone if they wish. Up to the account holder.

I could block you if I don't like your ID name.

But you're lucky cause I like it. Smiley Very Happy

The seller may have looked at some of the feedback you have left in the past and decided it might be too difficult.

Just move on and find another seller. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Perhaps the seller (whom you should not name on the boards) looked at your fb left for other sellers...idk

Perhaps the seller's football team lost...idk.

Perhaps the seller baulked when they noticed you also sell on this ID...idk.

I would never bid if I do  not receive a  reply to a question & some seller's MAY question your motives in doing so...jmo.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

You are dealing with the public, so expect anything.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

As others have mentioned, you seem to have a lot of problems buying stuff on ebay. On average one in eight of your transactions end in you leaving neutral or negative feedback for the sellers you are trading with. Personally I wouldnt feel comfortable gambling my selling account on those odds..

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Perhaps the automated blocked buyer listings could contain a category for buyers who have left excessive amounts of negative or neutral feedback.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

marwi5023
Community Member
You won't bother asking for advice here again, will you?
You must create another ID for here because you will be subjected to background checks and judged repeatedly
Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

The OP asked for reasons why they may have been blocked. They got very valid reasons. A lot of sellers will check feedback left for others when someone bids or even asks a question. It's not unusual for buyers to get blocked when their feedback indicates that there could be potential trouble.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Hello, everyone. I'd like to remind you that interpersonal dispute is not allowed here. Please read our policy here: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Feedback/Updates-coming-to-eBay-com-au-Discussion-Boards/...

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

The first thing re blocking that came to my mind was that the seller couldn't be bothered providing measurements, and solved a potential feedback issue by not allowing the person who asked about measurements to bid. 😉

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply