A seller has relisted an Item that I've bought and paid for.

selig20
Community Member

A seller has relisted an Item that I've bought and paid for. I had to pay by bank transfer as the seller doesn't use paypal. I can't seem to get a clear answer from the seller as to why they have relisted an item that I've paid for. They just tell me that funds haven't cleared. I paid within an hour so I wasn't slow or anything. It's less that 24 hours after my purchase. Seems really shady to relist the item. What if someone else also buys and pays for it? Should I do anything to protect myself?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

What's the item number?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

@selig20 wrote:

A seller has relisted an Item that I've bought and paid for. I had to pay by bank transfer as the seller doesn't use paypal. I can't seem to get a clear answer from the seller as to why they have relisted an item that I've paid for. They just tell me that funds haven't cleared. I paid within an hour so I wasn't slow or anything. It's less that 24 hours after my purchase. Seems really shady to relist the item. What if someone else also buys and pays for it? Should I do anything to protect myself?

No you didn't have to pay by bank deposit, sellers have to offer at least one payment method that gives buyer protection (Paypal or EFTPOS).

Effectively you have no protection on the sale and are totally reliant on the seller's honesty.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Too late to protect yourself now....the only way to get buyer protection was to pay through paypal.

The fact that the seller does not use paypal should have rung alarm bells very loudly.

In itself the relisting is not suspicious....sometimes sellers have multiples of the same item.....but refusing to accept paypal is very suspicious.

Bank transfers can take several days to clear to the seller....another reason not to use that payment method.

All you can do now is wait and see if you get your item in a reasonable time....but there is nothing you can do if you don't.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

IMMEDIATELY contact your bank and tell them that you believe the transaction is fraudulent. Ask if the payment can be reversed. Do not communicate with the seller; if the seller told you that they canโ€™t offer PayPal, they are already in the dodgy seller corner. In that situation you are going to have to assume SCAM.

Donโ€™t delay. Donโ€™t wait until morning. Act now. You may be lucky but every second increases the risk of no possibility to get back those funds,

Do not fall for this ever again, and if you claw back your funds, you should thank God, Queen, country, and your local cheese manufacturer.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Ah!  Blessed are the cheese makers

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Or the piece of cheese makers

I'm going now

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@selig20 wrote:

Was it one of 10 items the "seller"/scammer has sold for over $4700 all up that has this in the desciption?

Conned..JPG

If yes then you are one of the numpties that has donated $400,$480 or $500 to them

They have now being scamming members since the 28th of April for over $40.000 so far.and they seem to have

worked out that there is no eBay "support" during certain hours so they can keep doing it on a regular basis.Angry head bang.gif

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

Was it one of 10 items the "seller"/scammer has sold for over $4700 all up that has this in the desciption?Angry head bang.gif

It's up to 21 items now,over $8800 and they are still selling with the same hijacked account that was reported yesterday and today.shok.gif

At that rate they could make $300.000 plus per year as eBay don't look like stopping them.stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

It's frustrating, go-tazz... I'd so like to shake these buyers by the shoulders and quietly murmur, "Doesn't the No PayPal stipulation cause you a moment's thought? Please think before you transfer!"

The criminal intent, however, is on the head of these hijackers - and it's more than a shoulder-shake they deserve.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply